Two negative busses?

Started by MarkDS, June 05, 2012, 09:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkDS

Hi there,

I'm in need of a combiner box that will take the input from 10 strings, and give two independent (positive and negative) outputs.  Does Midnite Solar make such a thing, or am I going to have to go with the Outback combiners?

Thanks,

Mark

Halfcrazy

Mark
Our MNPV12 will take 2 sets of 6 150 volt breakers and feed to separate controllers. There is 2 separate isolated negative buss bars and 2 PV positive buss bars.

Here is a link to the product: http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=144&productCatName=PV%20Combiners&productCat_ID=9&sortOrder=9

This is an old picture it does have 2 of the PV negative buss bars as standard. I will get the photos Updated asap.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

MarkDS

Thanks for your reply,

Is this something I'm going to have to specify when I order from our distributor, or is there a new part number for the boxes with two negative bus bars?

Halfcrazy

Mark
It is the same part number. We made the change over a year ago so I doubt there should be any old stock out there? You can for sure request they check though.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

rollandelliott

i just ordered that part from ontility and there is only one negative bus bar in the box.

just curious why you need 2 sperate negative bus bars. if you have 2 or more inverters can't you just route all the negatives to ONE bus bar?

Vic

Hi Roland,

...From a previous thread,  HalfCrazy replied, "... the isolated PV negatives is there for things like 2 seperate grid tie inverters or say a pair of XW charge controllers as they need PV- isolated. There could be times when using an FNDC on an Outback system where you would want these isolated but for normal situations they can all be connected.
Ryan..."

HTH,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!