2 Classic 150 - both on 1 pv input or separate arrays?

Started by DSWhiteOak, September 04, 2022, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSWhiteOak

Hi, question about adding a 2nd Classic 150.  Does each Classic 150 need a separate PV array input or can I bring in 1 PV input from my combiner box and run that to both charge controllers? 

I watched both Follow Me videos and this one https://youtu.be/CMYH_Oa00BM seems to show all 3 controllers daisy chained working with one PV input.  I see the diagram on connecting the Follow Me ethernet but couldn't find a diagram on the pos/neg wiring of multiple controllers together.

I have 2880 watts via 9 320 watt 48v panels in 3 arrays of 3 in series, combined through a combiner box, passing through a 100a breaker and into the classic 150.  My battery bank is 6 lifepo4 100ah batteries at 12v.

Vic

Each Classic (or any other MPPT Charge Controller (CC)),  must have its own, separate PV array,  else, the CCs would spend all of their time fighting over what happened to the MPPT voltage, probably Sweeping more, or less continuously.

Guess that you would prefer to not have to run a new cable run to the added CC.

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

Like Vic said, each Classic will need its own PV array.  They don't stack like inverters do.

It is possible to do but I'm not aware of any charge controllers that do that.

The Kid controller was going to do that but it was a bit too squirrely.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me