Trace 5548 conneting to generator settings

Started by Milton, September 07, 2022, 12:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

I have two Trace 5548 in parallel and am now trying to add a 120v generator.

I can successfully manually start the generator. AC2 In Good will blink for ~ 10 seconds and then go unto bulk charging. All is good.

I can successfully use the Gen Menu on the master inverter to turn "On" and "Off" the 2-wire generator. AC2 will blink for ~ 10 seconds. Gen starts. Then it blinks for ~40 seconds and goes into bulk charging. All is good.

But when the Gen Menu is in Auto mode, and I raise my LBCO above my current battery level, here is what happens:
- AC2 blinks for ~ 10 seconds
- Gen starts
- AC2 blinks for ~ 40 seconds and turns off Gen. I would have thought it would go into bulk charging.
- About 30 seconds later, the cycle repeats this loop until I manually put the Gen Menu in Off mode.

Any idea why the Auto Gen mode will not go into bulk charging mode?
Thanks.

showme

Very glad to see this question posted, because I'm getting ready to do the same thing myself on two Trace SW5548's. As I was wiring up the power panel the other day, I started thinking about how the wiring to control the generator should go. The old manuals are very good, but there are some holes in the necessary information. And of the many who own these systems still, there are not many that are still checking in on the forum, so not a lot of answers from them. I hope you get some replies, Milton. I'm watching. Lee
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
          Willing is not enough, we must do."
                                                       Goethe

boB

Keep looking for answers here as well but this thread on NAWS is very possibly related.
And maybe Showme has posted to this NAWS thread ?

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/15965/setting-up-gen-auto-start-on-series-connected-trace-sw4048s#latest

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Milton

Hi Showme,

Finally, I think I have the generator figured out and even mostly fine-tuned.

So when you have any difficulties, let me know, and I can walk you through my settings.