MNEPV terminal type

Started by unyalli, September 16, 2022, 05:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unyalli

I have looked hi and low trying to find the official name of the box squish type wire connector used in these breakers. Anyone know?
- Jeff

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: unyalli on September 16, 2022, 05:05:03 PM
I have looked hi and low trying to find the official name of the box squish type wire connector used in these breakers. Anyone know?
- Jeff
are you talking about a ferrule to crimp on the end of a wire ?
Those are called  Boot lace Ferrules Crimp Connector  or at least you will find them if you search for that on ebay.
But you can also just put the wire directly in that breaker too if you want.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

unyalli

No sir, no ferrule. The terminal it's self uniformly squishes the wire as screwed down and the screw never touches the bare wire. The terminal (saddle?) raises to squish the wire.

FNG

I have always called it a basket style but who knows if thats a true technical name for it?

unyalli

Quote from: FNG on September 17, 2022, 08:45:02 AM
I have always called it a basket style but who knows if thats a true technical name for it?
Exactly. I've also heard box type. There has to be a name right?

boB

I want to call these "Lifters" but I don't think that's quite correct ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

unyalli

I've also heard "Tension Sleeve" and "Rising Clamp" all attempts to describe it. It has to have a name. Incorporating the benefits of a ferrule without the complexity is genius.

Vic

From Carling:

...   "Carling F-Series circuit breakers offer a front-connected box wire connector with pressure plate. In this case the box lug accepts wire size #6 to 250 MCM. F-Series box wire connectors are rated up to 700 amps   ...   ".

The is from:
https://www.carlingtech.com/circuit-termination

Had always thought that this class of connector was a "Box connector",  but there are different variations   ...

Good question,  Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

From Robin, it is called an  Elevator clamp

That is why I was thinking of the word "lifter"

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Quote from: boB on September 18, 2022, 09:06:41 PM
From Robin, it is called an  Elevator clamp

That is why I was thinking of the word "lifter"

Very interesting,  Always good to know these details.

Thanks boB and Robin,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!