Chart Control ?'s

Started by animal, September 17, 2022, 05:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

animal

HI there . Im real new with the MyMidnite & I don't fully understand some of the choices that you can pick when you open the Chart Control option . I'm guessing SOC means state of charge ? I'm reading SOC 100% when I'm not fully charged . What is Power, Net AH  ?
Is there something that explains all this stuff , I'm sure there is but I haven't stumbled over it yet . If someone can point me in that direction that would be great .
thanks
animal

boB

Hello Animal.  Thank you for asking !  These terms can really be confusing for our products and others'.

SOC does indeed stand for State Of Charge percentage.  But it will never be even close without a Whizbang Junior battery current monitor connected to the Classic.   Maybe MM does show 100% SOC when there is no WB Jr. connected ?

When the Classic starts up, it does think that it is 100% SOC  "BUT" it is not "believable"...   Not until the Classic does a complete Absorb cycle does it really know it is 100%.  If you look at the MNGP panel connected to the Classic and look at the Whizbang Junior screen, it will blink 100%  on and off to show this.  The main status screen I don't believe shows SOC% until then ?
But on MyMidnite, it may be that this is being displayed without paying attention to that believable  or trusted  "bit".  So, you just have to let it run for a couple/few days or at least until the charge stage goes from Absorb to Float.

Net AH  is  the discharge AH and charging Amp Hours out of and in to the battery.  Ideally, this would end up being an average of 0 AH but the charging efficiency is always less than 100% so will show more AH into the battery than out of the battery.  I think this number is resettable.

Power is just battery voltage times battery current.  Energy of course is power integrated over time.

I would think that we have a good description of all of these terms but maybe not ?  If not, we should definitely write up a page or more that does describe this.

I hope that others chime in to elaborate even further but thems the basics to start with.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

animal

I think that a description  page would be great . Another + in my thinking would be to be able to expand the data part of the monitor  . On my computer its only using maybe 1/3 =1/2 of the screen ?
thanks
animal