Wished for: WBJr kWh option for chart display

Started by openplanet, September 25, 2022, 10:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

openplanet

There's one additional chart control that would be HUGELY useful and, imho, a major improvement to MyMidnite: WbJr kWh. My understanding is that the "Energy" parameter on the unit with the WbJr is simply showing the value for that particular Classic, just as for the other units in a multi-unit system. But suppose one has, say, 6 Classics. Being able to see the WbJr kWh (on the single Classic that has the WbJr, obviously) would mean not having to:

1) display all 6 Classics in My Midnite, which takes significantly more time to load, and
2) total up the Energy parameter of all 6 Classics in order to simply know total kWh which, really, is a bottom line as far as knowing what your total system is doing.

I'm aware that resources are always limited and that most energy has to go into newer products. But considering the substantial number of Classics out there, wouldn't it make sense to code this small change. It'd make a BIG difference for us Classic nerds!
Thanks--Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIANk7zQ05w

boB

Hi Paul.

This is a GREAT idea !   But, you are right about resources...   We are working on all the new stuff as well as updating Classic software.
This calculation of kW-H done on the Classic itself can be done and we can look into this.

But, as far as MyMidnite web graphing and updates go, we don't have anyone that would be able to do this right now.

Turns out that this kind of stuff is beyond most web software people.   When we find someone that can do this, this will be a feature we will try to implement.

Thank you for the suggestion.  It would definitely be a worthy addition !  Added to the TODO list.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

openplanet

openplanet

boB, I guess I should pass this along. I made the same suggestion in the "Comments" option in MyMidnite. Here's the reply:

todd@midnitesolar.com
11:02 AM (15 minutes ago)
to me, support
Hi Paul,
Unfortunately one Classic cannot amalgamate the energy production as you mentioned in a multi-Classic system.  To do so would require change to the firmware, and it being a mature product, I just don't see that happening.
The WBJr does offer data very close to what you seek.  The Net Ah is the total energy harvest minus consumption.
Thanks for the feedback though.  We do appreciate hearing from our customer.

Todd Geers, BSE, MBA
Tech Support
MidNite Solar, Inc.

boB

Yes, that is the correct response from Todd.

There would definitely be a software/firmware change to the Classic in order to calculate this number.  That is doable with some effort.

The more difficult part would be getting that to display on My MidNite. That's the part I was talking about.

That should probably be added to the Classic though, sooner rather than later so that it is at least accessible from the Classic's display or over the Ethernet.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wizbandit

This might make you drool....

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Quote from: Wizbandit on October 17, 2022, 04:39:39 PM
This might make you drool....

Hi Jim,

YES,  we are drooling, here.   We all want this.

Beautiful graphics,  love all of the detail!

Keep up the great work,  Thanks!   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!