Author Topic: Any idea when the Panels for the DIY will be out?  (Read 353 times)

qrper

Any idea when the Panels for the DIY will be out?
« on: October 02, 2022, 02:36:44 PM »
Like the subject line says, I watched Ryan talk about the new epanel for the DIY and wondering when I might see one.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Robin

Re: Any idea when the Panels for the DIY will be out?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 06:05:48 PM »
They are being built now. So, I can't imagine why it would take more than a week or two.
Here is the manual for one of them.
Robin
Robin Gudgel

Robin

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 06:11:01 PM »
We are also working on an addition for those that want to be totally code compliant. This is a module that has DC arc fault, ground fault and battery overvoltage protection. We took a sample unit to Solar Power International a week ago in Anaheim. We were totally caught off guard as to how many companies are interested in this module. Once we get the enclosures on order and a manual, it will be submitted to ETL or CSA. The E-panels will also be getting submitted as soon as they are ready. We will be shipping without approvals though as we are quite late in getting them into production.
Robin Gudgel

qrper

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 10:32:13 AM »
We are also working on an addition for those that want to be totally code compliant. This is a module that has DC arc fault, ground fault and battery overvoltage protection. We took a sample unit to Solar Power International a week ago in Anaheim. We were totally caught off guard as to how many companies are interested in this module. Once we get the enclosures on order and a manual, it will be submitted to ETL or CSA. The E-panels will also be getting submitted as soon as they are ready. We will be shipping without approvals though as we are quite late in getting them into production.

I can understand why, sound like a slick piece of electronics.

mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

qrper

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 11:04:46 AM »
They are being built now. So, I can't imagine why it would take more than a week or two.
Here is the manual for one of them.
Robin

Hi, Robin,

Did a quick glance through the manual. Kudos to the team that put the manual together. It appears to be very professional.

mike