News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

LINE & LOAD

Started by zulu, October 20, 2022, 01:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zulu

For the Bussman DC breaker connections between my charge controller and battery bank, which one is considered LINE and which one LOAD?

Here's a schematic of my system:
https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2022/10/2001-sea-view-battery-solar-inverter-wiring-10-8-2022-web.jpg

boB

If the DC breaker is non-polarized, meaning that it does not matter which side goes to the battery positive post, then it doesn't matter.

If the DC breaker is polarized, then it may  matter, if the Classic  plus terminal should short to negative.

The Classic should not short to ground unless both the relay contacts welds closed and the bottom side MOSFET short. But it is way more likely that the +/- wires at the Classic side would short together somehow and try to put full battery current through the breaker. 

In that case, if the DC breaker is reversed, it may not be able to open safely without burning up.

I think the line would be the battery + and load, the Classic + terminal...  but check the specs on that particular breaker to be sure which is which, that is, if it is polarized.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me