What does MAPP mean in the price list

Started by qrper, November 12, 2022, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

As the subject lines says,

What does MAPP mean in the price list?

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

boB

Minimum Advertised Product Pricing

It should be the lowest advertised price you would find on line.

It was a new term to me as well a year or so ago.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

Quote from: boB on November 12, 2022, 07:50:41 PM

Minimum Advertised Product Pricing

It should be the lowest advertised price you would find on line.

It was a new term to me as well a year or so ago.

Sure had me on that one. I thought it might have been:

MidNite Associate Price Point.

Kinda like having a membership at Costco.

If you set your wayback machine to the late 70's when Trace was selling their SW2512 (?) everyone and his brother had the same price. If I remember correctly it was something odd like $1017 or there about. Even those sleazy back alley dealsâ€"the inverter was $1017.

Thanks for the information

Mike

System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Robin

We have initiated MAPP pricing on some of the new products. Hawke's Bay, Barcelona and Rosie.
We can only build a limited number of these new products due to limited parts availability. Some of our parts have a two year lead time, so we had to make choices a very long time ago on how many we would be building. With so many new products going into production all within a 6 month period, we had to choose very conservatively. We are now only able to build what we scheduled a long time ago. If everything takes off, it won't matter because we won't have parts to build more than what we have planned. With new products as cool as these, it doesn't make sense to have one or two of our dealers cut the price to the bone so that all the others can't make any money. We may open things up eventually, but until the parts market opens up, we will continue MAPP pricing. We did not do this on the breaker boxes or the upcoming arc/gnd fault module or a multitude of other upcoming products.
Robin Gudgel