MNEPV-600RT installation question

Started by mikeinmaine, November 06, 2022, 06:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeinmaine

Hi, I searched the forums for this part number and did not find anything so please excuse me if this has already been asked.

I am installing two 14panel 510vdc 8amp strings on a ground array and would like to use circuit breakers mounted in a watertight enclosure on the ground array to protect the cable run back to the house and as a disconnect switch.  I have 4 conductors (two negative and two positive) running back to the house from the array. Two conductors for each string.

The MNEPV-600RT appears to be 4 poles with separate connectors for two positives and two negatives. Yet it is shown with jumpers so that all poles are in series.  Is the 600v rating only achieved because of the series connection or can I remove the jumper wires and connect each of my conductors to a single pole?

Thanks!

Vic

Hi Mike..,

Please look at the MN Circuit Breaker Poster:

https://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/breakers_11x17.jpg

Look at the MNEPV15-600-2PP in square 11, (depending on the size of the cable used),  or, perhaps, square 8, for the MNEPV15-600-4PNP, depending on your needs.

If you really need RT breakers (doubt it),  then, the above suggestions will not work, as, "RT",  as you know, means, Remote Trip.

The Poster is essentially 2 years old,  and there are probalby additional breakers available, that are not on that poster.

Good Luck, Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!