Midnite Solar 600 VDC Power Supply

Started by onanparts, July 03, 2021, 05:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onanparts

Stopped in at MS yesterday looking for some free food at their Pre 4th BBQ/Birthday Bash for boB. They had lots of good food, but Robin said I had to work for it....at least that what I thought he said....:)

After lunch I found myself alone in building 10, where the new Inverter and Charge Controller production lines will soon be very busy! Robin will chime in shortly with details about the 600 VDC PS. I know it will be used at the shows for input to the new Charge Controllers. HV PV arrays inside a trade show building are possible, just not practical.

Not sure if MS plans to market these PS, or just for the trade shows? Robin?

So to earn some food I ended up doing a partial first assembly to make sure all the holes lined up and if everything was going to fit as designed. No issues came up and so here is a first look at the HV supply.  And yes, the reactor with the dented cover was taken care of...:) No damage to the core. Note that the reactor and HV transformer are NOT made in China! :)

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

onanparts

More pics? OK! :)

onanparts

Close up of the face. 600 Volt scale meters will replace the 500 Volt, it was handy so it filled in for these pics..:)

boB

COoL !

Now I know more than I did about this supply.

That transformer could be used for a ham transmitter amplifier maybe ?!?!?!   >:( :)

The dented part is called a bell  housing I think ?

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me