New Off Grid Inverter Charger

Started by nigel, June 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_drinkwater

Onan?????????????????????????
You lost me mate!
But I am a bit slow and damaged. :o :(
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

Westbranch

Russ I think some of the 'magic smoke ' got out of a capacitor or ?? as Onan Parts was having the mick on you...

well done though....resistance.... charged....battery....dry cell.....discharged.....9V.... NiMH.... he pieced a lot of the previous discussions together, into nonsensical prose...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

onanparts

Quote from: Westbranch on January 25, 2018, 06:32:14 PM
Russ I think some of the 'magic smoke ' got out of a capacitor or ?? as Onan Parts was having the mick on you...

well done though....resistance.... charged....battery....dry cell.....discharged.....9V.... NiMH.... he pieced a lot of the previous discussions together, into nonsensical prose...

The nonsensical prose is the result of sticking my nose inside a B17 last week. I claim no fame for the prose that arose from the sticking of my nose that day within the bombay. :)

I'm just here to say that very soon one day future owners of B17's will know what I means! :)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

russ_drinkwater

So in truth you have smoke damage? ;D ;D ;D
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

onanparts

Quote from: russ_drinkwater on January 26, 2018, 04:28:51 PM
So in truth you have smoke damage? ;D ;D ;D

No smoke damage...:)

However, I can provide Margaret's Stats:

Species: She Troll
Eyes:               2
Eyebrows:        1 (She shaved the upper one)
Height:  Less Tall
Weight: 300 Pounds (21 Stone)
Profession: Nanny
Favorite foods: Slugs, worms, cats, cats with worms
Love Interests: Irving (Troll)
Astrological sign: Capricorn (a lot of corn)

Anyone that gets a B17 will meet Margaret! :) :) :)

onanparts

In an effort to make sense of the nonsense....

Yesterday I stopped by Midnite to see how the R&D is going on all the Inverter projects. Was particularly interested in the B17, what else! :)

About those Trolls.....Certain Engineers at MS have no sense of humor at all! :) In the future, if you remove a particular circuit board: One cable, 4 screws, slide it out. Nice easy access....jerks! :)

While carefully examining said board you may encounter the following. But wait, why would anyone actually look closely at a boring circuit board and read the "fine print" ???

I can't answer that question, but look I did. And I found more than just your typicall Troll info!

Here we go.......

onanparts

OK, now that we are up to date on the B-17 Troll bios of Margaret & Irving, lets look around a bit more.

onanparts

Nope, zero sense of humor at MS. Too bad they can't make circuit boards that are interesting.....:)

Westbranch

"Onan" did you happen upon anyone working on the Rosie Inverter ( formerly  Little Willie)  or the little sister? 
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

onanparts

A short vid from yesterday's visit showing a Little Willy or maybe the Big Kid? top cover prototype in a 3D printer that's almost done. Once they nail down exactly how they want it, then the aluminum casting's are manufactured. 3D printing really saves a ton of $$$$. Get it perfect before any big production run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WGPrsRU_0s&feature=youtu.be

UpNorthMan

Any new updates on Rosie or the B17. It's finally starting to thaw around here and I'm getting itchy to get my system up and running!
1000W panels Kid CC 230ah battery bank @48v
Weekend cabin, 250w inverter.
Waiting for the new inverter to be released so I can finish my install!

Robin

Both inverters are coming along fine. Bob, Scott and Mike are working away at issues every day. Scott is finishing up a small board so they can try a different approach to something or another. I think it has to do with synchronous rectification.
Mario and Baxter are hard at work on the 600V MPPT controllers and making great progress. No time line yet, but I'll keep you informed.
Robin Gudgel

onanparts

It's true. boB and Mike slaving away on the B-17.  :) Scott was in another engineering lab when this pic was taken, but I did see him slaving away too!

Matrix

I'm guessing the water color marked pics are to protect trade secrets  ;)
Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

onanparts

Quote from: Matrix on April 21, 2018, 01:35:54 PM
I'm guessing the water color marked pics are to protect trade secrets  ;)

A cast of thousands is involved concerning the posting of "approved" in house MS pics.  :o

By "filtering" some pics, most if not all the red tape is bypassed....... :) Well, at least I hope so. Next time I show up, if they go into lockdown mode and call security I'll know the filtering was inadequate.......