New Off Grid Inverter Charger

Started by nigel, June 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpNorthMan

Great to hear that the new major projects are moving along!
1000W panels Kid CC 230ah battery bank @48v
Weekend cabin, 250w inverter.
Waiting for the new inverter to be released so I can finish my install!

onanparts

Quote from: Westbranch on March 17, 2018, 08:23:34 PM
"Onan" did you happen upon anyone working on the Rosie Inverter ( formerly  Little Willie)  or the little sister?

Stopped by yesterday, Saturday. Weather was really nice so not too many MS folks around. I overheard that the final production castings/cases are done for Rose and Lil Rose. Sorry, no pics as they were nowhere to be found. Maybe next visit?

I did come across the 3D printed prototypes though and got a pic of them side by side to show the difference. These all black plastic versions do no justice to what the final machined aluminum ones will look like!

Also took some pics of what I believe are the production run versions of the meters for the B-17, and a quad meter set that "might" be found on an Epanel for the Rose/Lil Rose? Robin will have to verify that. I know the Quad meters will be on some Epanels for sure.

I've been kidding Midnite about putting an MP3 player in the Classics or B-17's. Maybe the "VU" meter is a hint?

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

Matrix

What is the proposed specs of that Rosie Inverter?  ie. Watts?   Split Phase 240v?
Grid-Assist Off-Grid
REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2565w-STC 1926w-NMOT Array / Classic 150 / Conext SW 4024 Inverter
Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S  with 7' of 4/0 cable
24 volt system /  Need 3200Whs Daily
My System Install

Robin

The MNGP2 casting has been made, not the other die cast parts. I am waiting to see if all the parts fit. Those electrical engineers keep changing things on me. I suspect all die castings can be ordered within a month or two.
All the tooling for the custom plastic and rubber parts for the MNGP2 are also on order. We spent a lot of time Saturday with three East Coast tech support and sales people going over the menu structure for the MnGP2. We have them here for a week. By the time we were done, I cancelled the label for the MNGP2. We changed it quite a bit.

The VU meter is how we have been getting them. It takes about 1/2 hour to disassemble and rebuild each meter. We put our own lighting circuit board and back lighted meter face in them. There are 5 different meter faces on each B17. I hope to improve that time in the future.
The quad meter is indeed for a pre-wire system. I will include a CAD picture of one here.
Robin Gudgel

onanparts

Thanks for the update Robin!

Hmmm...maybe a Marine version? :)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

Highflyer

Robin,

Can you narrow down the Beta timeline any yet with all the progress that has been made so far? 

Everything looks great, can't wait.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Robin

Give me another month and I should be able to nail down dates for the Rosie, B17, Comm box and Barcelona.
Robin Gudgel

CDN-VT

Lets Hope , Been there !
TTT =
Things Take Time
VT/Nig`
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

ZoNiE

This is good news. I'm looking to replace my 22 yr old Heart Freedom inverter/charger in my Safari and am on the fence with whether I want the India built sealed OB or the US Built Magnum. Would really like a MNS solution to go with my Classic 150. If the OB was still built here, I probably already would have bought one...

I can wait for the MNS solution, but not too terriblly long.  :D
Daily Driver: 2013 Toyota Rav4EV with Tesla Guts...
Solar Project:
1996 Safari Sahara Class A Motorhome with:
4X Hanhwa 280W panels
1X Midnight Classic-150
4X  Dying WallyWorld Energizer GC2's bought by the PO
1X 2,000W Heart Interface Freedom 20 Inverter/Charger
1X Onan Emerald 6300LP RV Genset

Robin

We probably won't have any of the Rosies or Little Rosies out until the end of the year, so you may want to look at the 90% built in Mexico Magnum.
Robin Gudgel

ZoNiE

I'm fine with Mexico. I can also wait. end of the year is not that far away.
Daily Driver: 2013 Toyota Rav4EV with Tesla Guts...
Solar Project:
1996 Safari Sahara Class A Motorhome with:
4X Hanhwa 280W panels
1X Midnight Classic-150
4X  Dying WallyWorld Energizer GC2's bought by the PO
1X 2,000W Heart Interface Freedom 20 Inverter/Charger
1X Onan Emerald 6300LP RV Genset

Robin

Don't quote the end of the year as a promise. I am hopeful, but these projects are tough. They are so complicated, it is hard to accurately guess at a timeline. We are making very good progress everyday, but there is still a lot to do.
As far as specs for the Little Rosie......here is what I think will happen although nothing much is being done on this until we get the B17 functional.
1. It looks like it should do a couple thousand watts.
Probably going to be 120V only. It takes a whole lot more parts to do split phase and I doubt we have room. A 2000 watt split phase inverter is going to be too small to run many 120/240VAC loads anyway. It will be stackable in series or parallel or both.
I expect to have 12/ 24 and 48V units, but am not sure how much room we have for transistors. A 12V unit takes 4 times as many DC fets as a 48V unit. We may not have enough room? I haven't tried to figure that out yet. I am working on thee Barcelona.
Did I ever tall you all how I came up with the name Barcelona?
Robin Gudgel

Westbranch

Not that I can  recall Robin... :)
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Robin

My wife and I were on vacation in Barcelona shortly after she got sick. There was one day she was just too tired to go out walking the streets of Barcelona. That was the day I sat in the hotel room and started designing this high powered controller. Mary passed away late last year.
She loved Barcelona.
Robin Gudgel

mike90045

Wow, that would bring up too many sad memories for me, I admire your gumption.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV