New Off Grid Inverter Charger

Started by nigel, June 15, 2012, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onanparts

Robin, about that spaceship........

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

Robin

You forgot BobQ and Sami.
Linnea is our engineering assembler.
Ryan and Roy serve a very important function keeping the engineers going down the right path also.
We have a huge engineering staff compared to our competition. They can much better afford engineers, but they just don't do it?
Robin Gudgel

Robin

I have always wanted to design and build stuff. I remember in the 7th grade searching for a couple of 55 gallon drums so I could build a submarine. The rocket ship is no different.
Robin Gudgel

russ_drinkwater

Has the B17 reached production or stalled in development?
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

Westbranch

boB made a comment about the B17 (?) in the thread about the smaller inverters
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

boB

No development stalled.  Well under way and busy every day.

It is just taking much longer than expected or wanted !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

russ_drinkwater

Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

boB

Quote from: russ_drinkwater on January 22, 2020, 03:33:57 PM
Any update on the B17 Bob?

No, sorry.  Still working on it.   A  LOT of us are working on it !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

russ_drinkwater

Sounds like my new cattle yards, but its a solo mia inillud operatur my case!

Highflyer

Any chance for a six month checkup?  How is Rosie and the rest doing?
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

FNG

Still a good bit to go,
The B17 is making ac but is not charing the batteries yet. boB is working on that still, I suspect 2-3 months for off site alpha testing.
Rosie, This was given to Andy and he is working on it daily but it is probably a bit further out say 3-5 months for off site alpha testing.
Barcelona and Hawkes bay are both under the guidance of Mario and I would say are 2-3 months from off site alpha testing
The Comm Box, This one I am not sure I am guessing it is about inline with the Rosie
MNGP2 is taking shape, we (All of us) are working on menus and layout now

Robin

We just hired three more engineering technicians and two engineers.
The second go around of Rosie boards are now finished and ready to order. The Rosie has undergone tons of changes so we have high expectations for it. Beta units of Hawke's Bay are starting to be assembled. There were numerous changes to the unit and new boards are on order. One thing we discovered was the sealed Hawke's Bay was only outputting 70 amps at expected temperatures. We wanted 80. Some changes are in process that should result in 75 amps. Because of this, we have elected to create a vented version. IT will be a bit more expensive as it has more expensive parts, but it should come in at 100 amps. So........what does that mean for the Barcelona? The Barcelona is actually two Hawke's Bays in one enclosure. I do not believe we will see 200 amps though. Might get 180? These things are very powerful!
The B17 is coming along fine. So is the B17-B We just ordered 13,000 battery cells for engineering test samples. Each 48V 1200 watt hour plug in module uses 96 cells. There are as many as 8 modules per unit. That makes the cell quantities add up very fast.
Production areas are being set up in 4 new buildings. They won't be enough, but you gotta start somewhere. Sunspec receivers and transmitters are now ready to go to NRTL testing. We are waiting for quotes.
Don't know if a Little Rosie would be a viable product based on price, but if it turns out to be, there will be a 3000 watt inverter also.
There is another project we have discussed at length. The "Lunch Time Project" More on that later as we get resources allocated. That is why we call it the Lunch Time project. It only gets worked on when we go out for lunch. We have tons of napkins with sketches and schematics of that project.
Things are very busy here for sure.
Robin Gudgel

grgdgreek

Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

Highflyer

Robin,

Nice update.  Are you using 18650s or another battery?

Can't wait for Barcelona and Rosie!
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Robin

The 18650 is too small. I do not recall the size we are using, but it is 3.8 milliamp hours per cell.
Robin Gudgel