Shelf removal for MNBE-B?

Started by LostLoon, August 28, 2012, 07:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostLoon

On the product page for the battery enclosures, it states explicitly you may remove the middle shelf on the MNBE-A unit for taller batteries. Is the same true for the MNBE-B? Is that unit good to go without the middle shelf?

Halfcrazy

Unfortunately no the shelf is used for the door lock to grab onto. There would be no way to keep the door shut.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

LostLoon

What is your recommendation for (4 ea.) L-16 batteries? Do you have to step up to the MNBE-CL16? The MNBE-A is just a bit too small to make work...

Thanks,

Halfcrazy

I would say the D box. If you wanted more room the shelve can be moved up. See the black hole plug in the door above the lock that will give you some indication of the extra room you could have: http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=171&productCatName=Battery%20Enclosures&productCat_ID=12&sortOrder=6

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

LostLoon

Thanks Ryan,

The dimensional drawing of the MNBE-E doesn't offer quite as many details as on the others. Where must the shelves go on that one? I am trying to find out if you could fit two tiers of tall (19") batteries, i.e. one shelf just about centered. How about the inside width of the unit?

Cheers!