Looking for ideas here please help

Started by Halfcrazy, October 04, 2012, 11:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Ok I have an idea here. I would like to have an area where Homeowners as well as installers can showcase there installs. I would welcome installers to add there contact info as well as long as it does not turn into mass chaos. I can see the benefit of the installer showing his installs and adding his contact info if he wants.

My question is I am tempted to add Child boards to this board one for each state and maybe a few for other country's as well. My concern is in the beginning it will be lonely and quite but if I do not start with it broken down it will be harder for me to restructure later? We could ask that the State and Country be added as the first 2 words of the post so I could restructure this if it does take off?

We may also try to do something where we pull a photo from this section and use it on our home page at MidNite Solar (With permission of course) as the "Install of the Month" the lucky publisher of the photo would receive some form of MidNite Swag for there picture being used. (Maybe a choice of an SPD or BCM or something?)

Also I am looking for input on where in the forum this board lays should it be near the top or at the very bottom?

Please offer any thoughts and advice I would love to see this be a large board with lots of cool pictures. It would keep them in one place and also sort them geographically if wanted.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

cpm

Hey Ryan;

FWIW,

I'd just start a category with a single board, then if it really starts to fill up, break it up into child boards by region/country,
then as that gets over populated, start breaking it down by states.

It sorta sucks to see a lot of child boards with no content.

Halfcrazy

I agree so lets make this the thread and please add some geographical info in the first line of the comments. IE ( Maine, USA) or something.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

mtdoc

Cool idea!

One thought:  You might consider setting up a link to an actual map. I've seen this done on other forums using  www.mapservices.org.  It's nice to see the visual of where people are with a link to their info. Example HERE
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

Westbranch

Another thought would be to identify the model, 150,200,250 by coloured dot ... rather than a face or ??
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

phonetic

Good idea. to have a owners showcase, a map and info bubble to discribe the system..pics can be uploaded on this forum ?
Home:
3.04kW Grid Tie.
Weekender:
6.08kW Off Grid. DC & AC coupled
32 of 190W (12+12 Array DC) (8 Array AC)
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic Lite 150
1.5KW AC coupled Grid Inverter
8 of 600 amp hour Surrette S600 flooded cell battery bank 24 volt 1200 amphour
Outback VFX3024E Inverter Charger, Mate 2.

Vic

Ryan,

I think that it is a great idea to have user and Pro installation pics and info on this site.  I have owed you a pic or two for a long time,  but have been distracted on design/erection of steel shop building over the past few months ...

phonetic,  YES  at the bottom of the post box,  when you are making a new post,  you will see options for posting pics.  I forget the size limits etc.  You could always play around with it,  and just delete a post if you are not ready for the real post ...  think that we can delete posts here ...  forget that too,    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!