New member introductions (READ THIS FIRST)

Started by Halfcrazy, November 24, 2010, 07:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFWnS

Hi Clyde here, working in Saudi, building in NM with grid tie and battery backup and a Bergey XL1. The Bergey will be on a 30ft converted windmill tower, can't go higher because of county restrictions, wasting my 60ft tiltup tower, trying to get a variance to go 60ft. 

dbcollen

Hello, My name is Dustin, and I am an RE-holic. :)
I live in the coastal mountains of northern Ca, off grid. I own a small alternative energy business doing off grid installs. I also build axial flux wind turbines and PM and HV induction hydros.
My personal system consists of:
40x 50w First solar FS-50 panels to a fm60
12x 200w Evergreens to a fm80
1x 10ft axial wind turbine on an 80 ft tower
1x induction hydro @ 340 ft head and up to 70 gpm presently putting out 380vac 120hz 3ph 1450w
2x VFX3648s in an outback PS2ac-dc
24x L-16s
flexnetDC + hub 10, and a dedicated asus EEEPc with Wattplot Pro for monitoring

dlhvac

dlhvac

atop8918

Hi, I'm Andrew. I'm a younger fart -- at least I keep telling myself that. Been working in the RE field for a few years now starting out with fake RE in the guise of smart-grid nonsense, now working with some smart farts on real Solar/wind/hydro equipment.

TCarp

Aloha,
I am what has been termed an "Gray beard" in this industry (and, wow, is it ever gray!)
I have been involved in AE for about 35 years, and have been an installing dealer here in Hawaii for the last 20.
Over the years, I have been honored, and delighted to be allowed to test lot's of manufacturers
equipment to sometimes spectacular destruction!
I have been testing stuff for Robin since his Trace days, and he
finally got tired of me messing up his fine black boxes, (white ones too!) so he has signed me up to be Midnite's first official Sales guy.
If he thinks this will keep me from blowing stuff up, he is sadly mistaken!
Cheers, to all!
Tom Carpenter

ericwahl

Hello, still running an SW here. I enjoy trying different charge controllers though... Happily I know nothing about wind.

Doug

Hello,
I am Doug, a designer at Midnite.
Previously with Trace and Xantrex.
Not offgrid yet, But eventually.

sparkey

sparkey  here  have 60 years electrical experience   and now about 10 years with wind  have four towers on the farm  located at clearwater  mn.

Phil

Hello,

I'm Phil and I like solar.  Thank you.  Hi boB!

OK, a little more serious,  I live on Vashon Island and work for WSU Energy Program in Olympia.  I have a 3.5kW PV system on my house which can be viewed via:  https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/LRrP302

Aloha.

JT

Hello--   I'm Joel in northern California, I've been off grid for 30 years, on solar for 20.  I have been waiting for the classic to come on line for a while now so I can get my new 48 Kaneka solar panels hooked into my system so I can stop using a backup diesel generator in the winter.

slrwnd

Hi all,

I'm Dick, an electrical contractor in Vermont. I do RE work whenever I can.

NeilK

Hi everyone, my name is Neil and I'll be installing a solar RE system in an off-grid cabin soon. I had everything mapped out but then Midnight Solar just had to go and release their new charge controllers and make me rethink everything ;)

-Neil

windpro

Hello,

My name is Dustin and currently researching the latest product for a solar and wind RE system for a hybrid-grid home. Been waiting too long for Midnight Solar Classic charge controllers.   Now I am waiting for the Clipper to prevent catastrophic failure and blowing my purchase up in the wind with my wind generators.   ;)