New member introductions (READ THIS FIRST)

Started by Halfcrazy, November 24, 2010, 07:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric H.

My name is Eric.  Been living off-grid for 26 years.  I am looking for an Ananda Power Center, circa mid 90's to salvage some parts.  I have one that is still functioning, but I have "created" some parts over the years that I would like to replace with original equipment.  If anyone here has or knows of someone who does, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks!

boB

Quote from: Eric H. on January 16, 2020, 01:53:47 PM
My name is Eric.  Been living off-grid for 26 years.  I am looking for an Ananda Power Center, circa mid 90's to salvage some parts.  I have one that is still functioning, but I have "created" some parts over the years that I would like to replace with original equipment.  If anyone here has or knows of someone who does, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks!

Hi Eric !

Well, maybe some of the guys at   http://www.solarcowboyz.com/  might know ?   There are some APC roots there.

Maybe Sam Vanderhoof ?  Or Christopher Freitas ?

Wouldn't hurt to ask them if you haven't already.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ron s.

hi names ron just a mechanic trying to figure it out 

billmill

In NW Ohio.

Had my system running for a year now 4k solar and 2k wind running through a Midnite 150, 48v Schneider pre-wired box. 12 Trojan J2000 batteries. Istabreeze 2000 wind turbine with 4k controller. (Both suck don't by from them)

Still working out some learning curve issues.

Just wired up generator backup and charger capability to recharge batteries during low light times. Most of Jan, Feb, Mar.
Need to set up laptop or tablet to monitor energy data and access from elsewhere.

Want to set up better wind turbine and upgrade to 4K clipper. 

Urayoan

Hello:
I am Urayoan from Puerto Rico. I own a Midnite Classic since 2017, and in this days i was connecting the device to MyMidnite portal. Searching for info (firmware update, etc), one thing lead to another and here i am. Reading info like crazy and more active in the forum.

boB

Quote from: Urayoan on September 09, 2020, 08:51:02 AM
Hello:
I am Urayoan from Puerto Rico. I own a Midnite Classic since 2017, and in this days i was connecting the device to MyMidnite portal. Searching for info (firmware update, etc), one thing lead to another and here i am. Reading info like crazy and more active in the forum.

Hi Urayoan !    I was in PR 3 or 4 years ago after the big hurricane.  Loved it there !   You guys have good sun !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Urayoan

Hey boB, glad you like it here.

Yes, we have good sun here, but poor education about solar systems (something is changing since hurricane María). I have my system installed after María hit us and i never coming back.

tranders

Newby with a portable off-grid setup in AZ.  Stopped generating power, though, so starting troubleshooting with my Classic 250. 

Stay healthy and energized!

boB

Quote from: tranders on October 14, 2020, 02:37:08 PM
Newby with a portable off-grid setup in AZ.  Stopped generating power, though, so starting troubleshooting with my Classic 250. 

Stay healthy and energized!

Uh Oh.  Our service/support guys should get you going.

Are you near Phoenix ? Great area !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Mike H

Hello,

Been here for more than a few years now and thought it might be time to say hi.

We have an off the grid cabin in Northern WI that we spend about ½ our time at year around.  Winters in Wisconsin are beautiful. We built the cabin ourselves in 2012, it was built as a solar home.  It is SIP construction with 140 ton insulated sand mass under the slab for heat storage from solar water heaters on the roof.  The water panels help with DHW also. We have about 6K in panels and a 1.5K Bornay wind turbine that we put in last year. We are only a few miles from Lake Superior so a turbine was a great addition.  There is a masonry heater centrally located in the cabin that was built by a friend that works unbelievably well even in the coldest weather up here, it has a pizza oven in it that we use often. 
What's not to love.

P.S. We love Midnite Solar equipment!

I was going to attach a couple pictures but I could not get it to work.

Gerald Bostock

Hi everyone. My name is Doug (not Gerald) and I have an off-grid solar power array in eastern Ohio. It is used to power a pair of yurts that are occupied year-round.  I'm hoping to learn how to manage the solar installation for maximum power and battery life. 

kopcicle

Hummmm

AF7XT

Dennis

Kopcicle

Reprobate , grumpy old man.

WVPIONEERCPL

Hello the forum!

We are a retired couple...sort of ...in NW West Virginia. I am fully retired and she is a business professional with a few years to go. Before I retired we bought a nice piece of land and over the past five years we’ve established an off-grid homestead with a splendid cabin that is powered by solar with rainwater keeping the cistern full. It’s still a work in-progress but we love the land, the area, and the lifestyle. We both grew up outdoors hunting, fishing, camping, etc., and I’d expect we’re like a lot of folks here - independent types who value self-sufficiency and the ability to provide for ourselves. We have a few discrepancies, skills and abilities we’ve not quite mastered, and are joining this site looking to improve in those areas as well as be in touch with like-minded folks.

C & H

Whissellr

Hello. I am an off grid solar user who knows next to nothing. I have been following instructions provided by the tech that set up my system 8 years ago. This year I have been getting seemingly random breaker trips to my MidNite. I have tried maximizing loads to attempt to drive Amperage beyond the 100A rating but could not force a trip. Could the solar input be surging above 100A causing the trip?
Any help or suggestions welcome,(my 'guy's retired)

Vic

Hello Whissellr, Welcome to the Forum.

We could use a bit more informaation about your system.

What Charge Controller is being used?
Is the tripping breaker between the Charge Controller (CC), and the baattery?  ...  or?
What is the type of breaker is tripping,  perhaps a photo of the system,  or at least the breakers?
What are all of the sources of power into the CC (PV, Wind, Hydro, etc)?

Thermal breakers can tend to have some variability in trip point,  and many of these types of breakers, can trip at successively lower currents,  the more times that they trip.

Thanks for the added info, about your system,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!