11-30-2012 Rev 1172 OLD, Replaced with 1181

Started by Halfcrazy, November 30, 2012, 01:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: dbcollen on December 01, 2012, 03:43:53 PM
Yes, it does boot normally, except the MNGP not talking to the classic and the classic not responding to the firmware upload attempt. I can access it normally and see it is working, and change settings through the status panel. I guess you will be able to play with it when it comes back "home".

Thank you dB !

EDIT.....
OK...  Nevermind this posting...

I now know that it is your Classic and/or MNGP that we think
has a hardware problem.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dbcollen

I got the replacement classic, it updated fine and is working as expected. I do notice a few things strange in the status panel with this firmware though. The amp hrs still don't count up right and the "offline data" seems to be 2 days behind.  The new classic would not update on the old classics usb cable, so I thought that might be the problem.  I tried updating the old classic back to the older firmware with the new usb cable and it worked. however it refused to recognise the usb again after accepting the old firmware. The MNGP on the old classic was working again. I sent the old usb cable back with the classic so you guys can check that too.

If you guys can get that classic to take an update again, try loading frimware 1172 on the classic, then do a vmm before trying to update the mngp, thats what locked up the mngp before. It has been very random when it would recognise the usb and update since it was new.  If there is any more info you would like, just ask.

Thanks,
Dustin

boB

Quote from: dbcollen on December 13, 2012, 01:19:30 AM
I got the replacement classic, it updated fine and is working as expected. I do notice a few things strange in the status panel with this firmware though. The amp hrs still don't count up right and the "offline data" seems to be 2 days behind.  The new classic would not update on the old classics usb cable, so I thought that might be the problem.  I tried updating the old classic back to the older firmware with the new usb cable and it worked. however it refused to recognise the usb again after accepting the old firmware. The MNGP on the old classic was working again. I sent the old usb cable back with the classic so you guys can check that too.

If you guys can get that classic to take an update again, try loading frimware 1172 on the classic, then do a vmm before trying to update the mngp, thats what locked up the mngp before. It has been very random when it would recognise the usb and update since it was new.  If there is any more info you would like, just ask.

Thanks,
Dustin

Dustin, thank you very much for the nice detailed information !

We will try your suggestions here and see what we get.  Also checking into the other off line data problems... etc...

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

phonetic

Does follow me  & networking multi classics use single IP towards the local app ?
Home:
3.04kW Grid Tie.
Weekender:
6.08kW Off Grid. DC & AC coupled
32 of 190W (12+12 Array DC) (8 Array AC)
Midnite Classic 150 & Classic Lite 150
1.5KW AC coupled Grid Inverter
8 of 600 amp hour Surrette S600 flooded cell battery bank 24 volt 1200 amphour
Outback VFX3024E Inverter Charger, Mate 2.

boB

Quote from: phonetic on December 13, 2012, 10:14:50 PM
Does follow me  & networking multi classics use single IP towards the local app ?

No, sorry.  Not yet anyway.  May never happen as there is a lot of information that would bog down the RS-232
phone cable modbus communications.

For now,  you need to have each Classic connect up to its own router port either with CAT-5 cable or wireless
bridges and the Local App has to see each one independently.

One thing that will be able to be done fairly soon is simple info about the whole system over Follow-Me,
such as the combined wattage and kW-Hours of all the controllers.  Maybe something like how many
Classics Resting or something like that too.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me