Linux based Midnite firmware updater

Started by TomW, December 11, 2012, 01:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atop8918

I'm such a geek -- I run my pi headless. Actually more just because I'm CHEAP.

dgd

Andrew,
What IDE are you and Mario using for software development for Classic and KID cpus ?
Is it hosted on Win* and /or Linux ?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

atop8918

Sorry, didn't understand "cpus"?

I think most of us use Windows-based tools though I've been using Gnu/Linux ones where possible. Eclipse is nice as an IDE because I can host whatever tools I want on it, including hosting them on another machine (like a windows box) and it runs equally well on Linux and Windows so there's really very little difference. I can even put my projects on an external drive and use whichever machine is closest to my dent in the sofa.

boB

Quote from: atop8918 on December 09, 2015, 03:14:47 AM
Sorry, didn't understand "cpus"?

CPU's  I think he meant.

We mainly use the IAR  IDE / compiler.
Mario has been using NXP/ARM Espresso, or is that Expresso ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

atop8918

zamboni

Hey there, i'm looking for some help on using the Mac tool to update firmware. This post came up in search because it contains the exact error phrase i'm getting: "Error: Unable to import python serial module (pyserial)"...but it seems like y'all are operating well above my level.

I am NOT conversant in command-line stuff, just a technically-minded person with a mac, who doesn't mind using Terminal if necessary.

I installed Xcode, python 2.7.10, and pyserial from Macports, per the MNUpdate MAC Readme.txt file. Had to install Java at some point, too.
I don't see any errors in the text returned after executing any of those commands.
When i try to run the update script, it returns only that error message above, followed by "See README.txt for further information".

I'd be very grateful to anyone who can suggest what i should try next. I don't have access to any windows machines to update my firmware with.

Thanks!