firmware update failed

Started by d98ag17, December 22, 2012, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d98ag17

>:(when I tried to update the firmware update the black box opened , the the second box opened and said update failed. I can't find a version by any of the methods you mentioned, pushing status or right arrow. I'm not sure how to power down the classic, I have a OUTBACK inverter 8048, classic 150 and classic lite.

Vic

Hi d98..,

To power-off the Classic that you are trying to update,  turn off the PV (or what is the input energy source)  In Circuit Breaker,  then power off the Output Circuit Breaker that connects that Classic to the battery  (this is breaker is what powers the Classis Off).

To update the FW,  go through the initial steps,  and when you are asked to power Up the Classic,  turn on only the Battery breaker on the output of the Classic.  When you are successful with the update,  you can then turn on the Input breaker.

Good Luck,  HTH,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!