Strange reset during the day

Started by Alain Boulet, December 26, 2012, 09:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

boB;

Yes, I believe I was getting this from all of the revisions. I saw it on the LA combined with dropped connections. It seems it only became obvious in the mymidnite data. Seems the offline data self heals or something because the totals seem to get in there?

I don't report issues with my LA as its older AIR on Linux so may be that affecting the LA.

When it showed up on the mymidnite page I figured it was the Classic not the LA?

Sorry I cannot give better info.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

Quote from: TomW on April 18, 2013, 07:19:05 PM
Seems the offline data self heals or something because the totals seem to get in there?

Do you mean that you think that the totals (lifetime kW-Hours)  are being updated with
these zero'd out kW-Hour readings ?  If so, that lifetime kW-Hours reading on the Local-
App should also be updated I would think.

Keep watching.  That's all we can do at the moment.   Maybe your hardware has a problem ?
Maybe there are a few Classics with some hardware abnormality ??   I don't know yet.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

boB;

What I meant is that WRT KWH that the offline data seems to get the correct data when it writes it out at 23:59?  My offline data used to have multiple 0.00 KWH entries  prior to this current beta firmware and before dates were included with just numbers of days prior. I probably have those files on HD someplace. But, then, I am really not sure as I was not watching it very closely.

Now that I am aware it may be an issue, I will pay closer attention.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Lya72

Hi,

When I encountered this issue, the data reset affects the Classic and the Local App.

I have recorded these days datas, so i can answer the question, but only when I returned to home.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

boB

Thank you Yann and Tom !

And Tom, the new firmware you are running fixes the multiple day logging issue but
what I am wondering is, does the one daily entry in the offline data jive with the
data added to the lifetime kW-Hours ??   If your Classic would normally have
logged multiple non-zero kW-Hour values for a single day is one thing I would
like to find out.

I think that, unless your Classic actually "rebooted" itself during the day, that the
chopped up kW-Hours that you saw zeroed out should be accumulated in the LOGS
lifetime kW-Hour value at the end of the day.  That's what I would really like to know
and by looking at the hourly/minutely/recent history logs (only viewable in the MNGP),
each group of kW-Hour data logged should show up there because that is logged every
5 or 10 minutes so you could add that up yourself.

In fact, you can actually download the EEprom in this latest firmware to a CSV file
and that might be what we may have you do at some time.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Lya72

Hi,

So, find enclosed screens captures of one of the 2013/03/28 resets.

My LocalApp logs are very heavy ( it seems to put two days in the day file, 50 000 records ).

My computer registers these datas beetween 06:45 to 19:45 and after goes in sleep mode.

Can I send these datas by mail (four files 2013/03/28, 2013/03/29 and 2013/04/08, 2013/04/09, 5.5 Mo each) ???

Edit : The firmware was this beta version "MidNiteSolarSetup_3-1-2013_v3.69.exe" because I goes up on 2013/04/12 to this Beta Version "MidNiteSolarSetup_4-8-2013_v3.70.exe".

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

TomW

Quote from: boB on April 19, 2013, 01:35:52 AM
In fact, you can actually download the EEprom in this latest firmware to a CSV file
and that might be what we may have you do at some time.
boB

boB;

Running Application Version 0.3.24 with the 1370 Classic Firmware and current MNGP firmware and I cannot see how to pull out that cvs file? Got any info on "how"?

Mine has not done the zeroing since I brought it up, either on the Local App or My Midnite page.

Figures. Ghost in the machine I guess.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

boB

To dump the EEprom, you have to get a terminal emulator like Putty or something like that
and connect to the Classic via USB.   USB mode 3 (interactive).  Make sure the Classic
and terminal emulator is talking (USB Mode 1 or 0 for instance will spit out data) and
in mode 3 and the terminal emulator set to log to a file, type in....

"download EEprom"

without the quotes and return (ENTER) and it should start sending out address and data, comma separated.

I can upload an excel file with some explanations of the addresses which is kind of handy for
plopping in the 2 columns of retrieved CSV data and it should line up with the template.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Well, my Solar Classic reset 3X today. Was dragging in a lot of solar amps through it for my 1500 watt array with heavy loading on the inverter as well. No where near the capacity of the Classic on amps, tho.Better half is good at using it when it is coming in. Yay!

Batteries were generally in Absorb in between load dips. Local App showed the lost connection pop up and it reset my KWH  reading in the Local App. This leads me to believe I am having this problem only under heavy charging and perhaps including heavy loading on the inverter.

I did have a day or 2 of no resets during low production level days.

Just what I am seeing here.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

Tom
Dumb question, do you have anything running on the Aux outputs?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 26, 2013, 04:35:52 PM
Tom
Dumb question, do you have anything running on the Aux outputs?

Ryan

Ryan;

Funny that you ask.

Yes, I run AUX1 to a 12 volt automotive pilot relay to activate a 24 volt coil HVAC relay to activate my 120 volt coil relay to my 120 volt water heater element. Actually a DPDT relay switching from grid to inverter so I can heat water regardless of the battery situation.

AUX1>Automotive relay>>HVAC relay>>DPDT relay>>water heater. More parts than ideal but works unless that is resetting the Classic?

Also funny, I was in the area just awhile ago and the relay switched off (audible) then back on a few seconds later and the Classic reset at about the same time. There was no  way the voltage triggered the relay off at the low set point. Never caught it doing this before.

Something to do with power draw on the AUX1 circuit? I do have a spare SSR I could replace the pilot relay with for minimal draw on the Classic Aux1?

The plot thickens....

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

Ok so boB thinks you are getting a watchdog rest. So do you have Auto reset (A-RST) enabled?

If not then we need to check a couple things, if so we need to check another couple things.

If the A-RST is Not enabled try this for me:

Disable Web access and see if the resets go away or lesson.
If not then unplug the Ethernet cable and try it.

My other thought is that maybe the relays are over loading the power supply? So you could try turning the aux1 and 2 off for a day and see as well. I would try 1 thing at a time though if you can.

Ryan

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 26, 2013, 05:41:51 PM
Ok so boB thinks you are getting a watchdog rest. So do you have Auto reset (A-RST) enabled?

If not then we need to check a couple things, if so we need to check another couple things.

If the A-RST is Not enabled try this for me:

Disable Web access and see if the resets go away or lesson.
If not then unplug the Ethernet cable and try it.

My other thought is that maybe the relays are over loading the power supply? So you could try turning the aux1 and 2 off for a day and see as well. I would try 1 thing at a time though if you can.

Ryan

Ryan;

A-RST is "OFF"

Yesterday, before I read your latest post, I swapped the relay driven from AUX1 to an SSR spare I had so the AUX1 loading should not be an issue.

Good sun today so similar conditions to yesterday when it reset later in the day with higher S.O.C. levels.

I will leave web access enabled and the ethernet connected to see if the SSR cured it.

Seems better than making multiple changes if we want to know "why". Shotgun approach is OK if you just want to fix things but I think we want to know "why"?

Thanks for the tips.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TomW

OK, just got 4 resets in as many minutes. Classic was in Bulk MPPT and about 28 volts with an 800 watt or so load.

Tells me it is NOT the AUX1 load causing it?

Next.. Disable Web Access. Turn AUX1 "OFF". AUX2 was always "OFF".

Let you know what, if anything, happens now.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

Tom
Thank you for the troubleshooting on this. This will help everyone for sure.

Ryan