Strange reset during the day

Started by Alain Boulet, December 26, 2012, 09:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

Ryan;

Nearing dark and Westering sun with clouds and behind the tree(s) and as near as I can tell no new resets. I was away but the KWH value looks right for the rest of the day since the earlier resets.

Just FYI.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

The Classic CAN reset if too large of a load is put onto the Aux outputs BUT your Classic
has that 00000080  bit set in your "info_flags"  which points to the watch dog reset.

A reset due to temporarily overloading of the power supply will not cause a watch-
dog reset  (at least I don't think it will ?)

You can verify though if the aux output resets the Classic by going to the Aux menu
and manually turning the Aux output to ON from an OFF condition a few times.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Lya72

Hi,

@Bob,
the Eeprom dump must be done on the same day that the reset occurs, or we can access datas a lot of days after ?

@Tom,
Thinking of Web Access, does your Classic calls MyMidnite servers every 13 minutes but do?t push datas at each call like mine ( few Lines on qnode14) ?

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

TomW

Quote from: boB on April 27, 2013, 10:04:52 PM

The Classic CAN reset if too large of a load is put onto the Aux outputs BUT your Classic
has that 00000080  bit set in your "info_flags"  which points to the watch dog reset.

A reset due to temporarily overloading of the power supply will not cause a watch-
dog reset  (at least I don't think it will ?)

You can verify though if the aux output resets the Classic by going to the Aux menu
and manually turning the Aux output to ON from an OFF condition a few times.

boB

boB;

OK, I toggled the AUX1 on and off a dozen times with no resets. Battery volts were still low (24.5 V) from overnight loads and early AM testing.

As far as excess current through the Classic, with only 1500 watts nominal of solar into 24 volt nominal battery the absolute maximum power I have seen is 2KW and maybe 80 amps?

Still waiting and watching.

Any other stuff to check out?

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

Quote from: TomW on April 28, 2013, 11:15:29 AM

boB;

OK, I toggled the AUX1 on and off a dozen times with no resets. Battery volts were still low (24.5 V) from overnight loads and early AM testing.

As far as excess current through the Classic, with only 1500 watts nominal of solar into 24 volt nominal battery the absolute maximum power I have seen is 2KW and maybe 80 amps?

Still waiting and watching.

Any other stuff to check out?

Tom

Aux overloading is not the problem, obviously.

You may be happy to know though that I saw this same exact
reset last night here at home on a Classic I am working on.
It reset just about like yours did, like, a few times right in front
of me.  I turned off Web Access and it has not done it since, which
has been overnight and then some.

<<<Any other stuff to check out? >>>
Please try turning off web access for a day and see if that stops the resetting.

I am debugging this now but it appears to take an hour or maybe two before
it will reset.  At least that's what happened last night.

Also, you and I (and maybe another one ?) are about the only ones that I know of that have seen this happen.
Some people have Auto-Reset enabled which will cause this to happen if the Classic
thinks it is 23:59  or if you force a new day in the daily logs menu which will both show
up as Info_Flags showing   80 in the lower 2 digits.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

boB;

Web Access has been off for at least 24 hours and maybe 36 or 48. Yesterdays resets happened with Web Access disabled.

Just FYI.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

boB

Quote from: TomW on April 28, 2013, 04:24:40 PM
boB;

Web Access has been off for at least 24 hours and maybe 36 or 48. Yesterdays resets happened with Web Access disabled.

Just FYI.

Tom

Oh.  darn !   I was hoping.

Still debugging

Thanks,
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Quote from: boB on April 28, 2013, 04:33:05 PM

Oh.  darn !   I was hoping.

Still debugging

Thanks,
boB

Ha. If it was easy, anyone could do it.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

boB

Tom, have you had any resets today ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Quote from: boB on April 28, 2013, 05:06:56 PM

Tom, have you had any resets today ?

boB

boB;

None I am aware of. Been outside a lot away from the equipment but showing 8+ KWH in today so that is about what I expect.

Not sure how to tell if it reset other than seeing it do it?

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Halfcrazy

So lets run another day or 2 with Web Access disabled. Maybe that's a clue.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 28, 2013, 07:35:00 PM
So lets run another day or 2 with Web Access disabled. Maybe that's a clue.

Ryan

Ryan;

Ok, easy enough. As an aside I just put the turbine on this Classic for the night and it is working as expected so far so we probably can say that other one has issues with wind. See my recent email.

More as it happens.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TomW

Mine reset sometime late today.

FYI

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

boB

Quote from: TomW on April 29, 2013, 07:21:27 PM
Mine reset sometime late today.

FYI

Tom

Was web access enabled or disabled ?

And are you using the local app ?

I am assuming that your clock is set and Time Synch is ON on the MNGP ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Lya72

Sorry to get into this private exchange.

Mine Classic reboots yesterday, and resets the production total during the day.

I have the latest firmware installed but without VMM done.

WebAccess is enabled and LocalApp is running.

As said before, my first reset with Kwh reinit during the day was with the precedent firmware, the 28 march.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)