Master/Slave

Started by Web4Deb, October 05, 2012, 10:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niel

that is good to know about that pot. my question is why would the meter on the classic need to be adjusted aka why is it so far off? i don't recall exactly how far off mine was, but it was off according to several meters i have by at least .2v. i'll have to recheck how far i took it to be sure, but even .2v is significant when addressing the tighter tolerances agm batteries present. i can see currents being a bit off the mark, but accurate voltages should be a cakewalk.

boB

Quote from: niel on October 15, 2012, 12:15:24 AM
that is good to know about that pot. my question is why would the meter on the classic need to be adjusted aka why is it so far off? i don't recall exactly how far off mine was, but it was off according to several meters i have by at least .2v. i'll have to recheck how far i took it to be sure, but even .2v is significant when addressing the tighter tolerances agm batteries present. i can see currents being a bit off the mark, but accurate voltages should be a cakewalk.

There is also an internal non-adustable offset that is probably not right.  The battery voltage pot is
adjusted at a non-24V voltage is probably why it was off for a 24V battery.

This voltage accuracy thing is a combination of gain and offset adjustment.

You know how when you adjust a radio IF strip and turn 2 (two) independent adjustments you have a
very hard time getting it correct again ?  This is kind of that way.

The current adjustment only has one adjustment.  Its offset if not adjustable but is extremely stable
right off the bat.

You have many different possible error sources.  The A/D is of course one of them, the reference voltage,
gain, offset...  The most important one and hardest nut to crack are errors due to temperature drift.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Thanks boB,  that adjustment brought the voltmeters closer,  just 0.1v divergence when over 28 volts, otherwise equal.
I suppose when master/slave settings are implemented this adjustment will not be necessary
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Web4Deb

Any updates on the master/slave feature? 

My two controllers never seem to agree on whether they should be in MPPT, float, or absorb.  I always feel like I'm wasting some of my charging potential when they're doing this.   ::)

Thanks!

boB

Quote from: Web4Deb on November 15, 2012, 09:50:55 AM
Any updates on the master/slave feature? 

My two controllers never seem to agree on whether they should be in MPPT, float, or absorb.  I always feel like I'm wasting some of my charging potential when they're doing this.   ::)

Thanks!

Almost ready to release that code...   Standby just another day or two.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Web4Deb

sweet!  I'll keep an eye out for it!