Schneider Electric Conext SW 2524-120

Started by Jacotenente, March 02, 2015, 11:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacotenente

Hey folks - Been eyeing this inverter (see link below) to replace my 12v Power Bright 3500 (modified sine wave).

http://www.pvpower.com/schneider-context-2000w-offgrid-inverter-SW-2524-120.aspx

Anybody have one?

Your thoughts?

I like the idea of a hybrid (with a charger) and it is UL Listed. I can also install a AC subpanel in my house and take circuit off my mains.

Thanks!

Chris

zoneblue

The SW price point makes them quite popular, especially if you want a schneider ecosystem. However teh thing to watch there is the idel tare. Its up at the higher end.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

Jacotenente

Thanks. Would idle tare even matter for a hybrid? It gets wired into 120v for the charger function.

Vic

As zoneblue mentioned,  the Tare IS huge -- from memory about 37 watts idle.  This may not be such a big deal if the inverter spends most of its time connected to the Grid.

There have been a number of issues with these inverters burning themselves up.  This may have been mostly with a Stacked Pair.

They appear to have a good price-point,  but am not quite certain that they are ready for primetime.

FWIW,  have never touched one.    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

Jacotenente

Vic, et al - Thanks for this information! I have bought several items from NAWS and their prices and delivery times are excellent. How about a Go Power 24v 3KW pure sine wave:

Like this:

http://invertersupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2447&cPath=0_459&gclid=Cj0KEQiA1NWnBRDchObfnYrbo78BEiQA-2jqBQE5nkfeJrH9AB5iOCctPQEQcWsfaBzfXhJTg7dbQsgaApYP8P8HAQ

My goal is to convert my battery bank to 24v and upgrade to pure sine wave. My solar power system was designed as an emergency back-up power source after the tornadoes ripped through here (Moore, OK) a few years back. Now my system is 24/7 and growing. I do like this idea of a sub box and charger function. Can I do a sub box with the Go Power? The Go Power inverter will fit better w/o moving the cable raceway.

Vic

Hi Jaco,

Sorry,  have no experience with the Go-Power inverter.  Its Tare is similar to that of the Context SW  (know that your system is a grid-connected Backup),  and as you mentioned,  it lacks a Charger.

There has been a bit of discussion on the wind-sun Forum regarding 24 V inverters,  but,  most of the inexpensive units lack a Charger.

Will try to search for some of those discussions.   FWIW,    Vic

Halfcrazy

I have played with the SW+ and I like the little guy, Compared to the Magnum it seemed to have WAY better regulation and the surge capability seemed comparible to the Magnum. I as an installer will not buy another Magnum now. I cant wait for the 48v version. The first units did have a slightly higher tare loss but I think that has been sorted out.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Jacotenente

Thank you for all the inputs/advice. I did some research and found a vendor (and a great deal) on a Outback Power inverter/charger and Mate 3 communications panel.

http://www.outbackpower.com/outback-products/inverters-chargers/item/vented-vfx3524

24v, 3500 watts

Chris

new2PV

The new conext SW4048 is out and has a bunch of nice features like AC support and load shaving,  I am temped to order one.,  Here is the idle tare...

Zahn inverters SOLD, looking for something new..

dapdan

Chris,

Where are the sw4048 available. I have been waiting on them since mid 2014.

Damani

Halfcrazy

Quote from: dapdan on May 21, 2015, 12:50:43 PM
Chris,

Where are the sw4048 available. I have been waiting on them since mid 2014.

Damani

Yes I too am curius as Schneider senior staff tells me late July?
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

new2PV

I got the confirmation also for late July.  FYI  for the reduced idle tare you have to use a mode where the lights could flicker under heavy loads. Its called noload vd...

Zahn inverters SOLD, looking for something new..

dapdan

1/2,new,

Thanks for that update. I hope it is not pushed from July. Flickering of incandescent lights? who uses those anymore? Does this flicker possibly extend to led or flouresent lights. Just wondering.

Cheers...
Damani

DMJ72

I am a little confused, in the new Owner's manual (Feb. 2015) revision it lists the 48V version with :

• Improved efficiency (98% vs. 92% ) over the specs listed in the 2014 spec sheet.
  • Improved tare loss (27W vs. 40W) with no mention of the need for NOloadVD option! (page 6-3 of the pdf)
(System 1) To be updated ...  @ Jamaica, West Indies.
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.