Backlight and little lights

Started by toothy, December 11, 2011, 03:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toothy

Hello all

I wired it up and it works, that always amazes me after I wire things up! It's a Classic 200 and is getting a good test tonight as were having a bit of wind.

I have a couple of questions.

1) The screen backlight stays on all the time is that normal? I have tried to find someplace to set the backlight time but haven't had any luck.

2) I have found no mention of what the lights mean either the ones inside the upper case or the ones to the left of the keypad, is there an explanation some where?

3) I'm trying to set it up for the exact turbine in the video on the disc, but can't find my turbine listed in my menu. Does the display look different or do I have an older month old unit, Q3 of 2011, with that turbine not included? Mine shows the 12v, 24v and 48v but not the 110v Kestrel e300i.

Thanks
Wade
Seward,AK
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Halfcrazy

The Back light is not able to be turned off yet. I am testing software here for release soon that has that function. The Kestrel curves are in the firmware on the website so if they are not in yours you will need to upgrade the firmware to get them as presets. This is a pretty simple process and works with windows xp, vista and seven. Here is a link to the Firmware page:http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmware.php

There is a good video there as well on doing the firmware. Give us a shout of you have any questions.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

toothy

Thanks for the info

I'll try the download and hope I don't screw anything up.

I had an X brand controller on there and took it back, we didn't get along, this new one seems way better and it looks a million times cooler.

Thanks Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Halfcrazy

Keep in mind the firmware on the website does not have the back light functions we will hopefully get the new firmware up there in a day or two.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

toothy

I'm not that quick!

I'm building our house while living in it and have a lot of stuff to do that the wife is sure is more important than firmware.

Also it kind of lights up the battery room.

Thanks
Wade

boB

Quote from: toothy on December 12, 2011, 12:08:22 PM
I'm not that quick!

I'm building our house while living in it and have a lot of stuff to do that the wife is sure is more important than firmware.

Also it kind of lights up the battery room.

Thanks
Wade

And the backlight really doesn't draw as much power as you might think.
It's a very very small part of the night time idle.

But, it's kinda cool (I think) to watch it slowly fade down....

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

toothy

Thanks boB

I do think it looks cool and lights the place up, but what is this about fading? Mine is just as bright as when I powered it up a few days ago.

For the full cool look, I think I should set it to "blinky" and get real disco in the barttery room!

I'll need a rotating mirror ball, I swear the thing already plays me a bit of a squeeky electronic tune when it gets happy, the new firmware needs "pump-up the volume" put on the list. Music and refractometers, ain't life grand!

Wade