Memo Exposes Conservative Campaign to Turn Public Opinion Against Renewable Ener

Started by boB, May 15, 2012, 01:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Wind-Sun closed this same thread because it was on the edge of being too political
which may well be. Probably because the articles use the words "right wing" ??
I wonder if the wind-sun rss feed showed the renewableenergyworld link ??

I'm not sure of the validity of this either so this is just FYI. This may be absolutely nothing important ?

I just fixed the links that Neil showed were messed up.

The reason I posted it at all was because it also appeared on www.renewableenergyworld.com

There are lots more links about this subject of course.  I just posted 3 of them to cover more
than just one link.

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2012/05/memo-group-wants-to-create-fake-grassroots-wind-subversion-campaign-that-should-appear-as-a-groundswell

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shawn-...b_1501533.html

http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/index.cfm/go/news.display/id/23697

(edited to mainly fix the links)
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

niel

Westbranch

thanks boB, very interesting link(s).

A mycologist researcher friend will love them we have been discussing such opinions for years wrt AGM
We always come back to:
What is Science?  nothing but reasoned questioning of 'facts'.  Without questioning there is no Science just opinion.
No matter what the fact is,  it must pass the scientific test of 'repeatability' otherwise it is not a fact...
Science has NO opinion. 
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

niel

well there wasn't much conferring as windsun just up and locked it, but i can understand why as religion and politics are 2 areas that are too argumentative and can go far from any civil discussions.

personally, i can believe it to be true as they are control freaks looking to keep us dependent on them akin to being a monopolizing industry. i believe in round about ways on naws that we have shown that the world is so dependent that economies are totally based on it and would totally collapse without it. even detroit was kept from deviating from oil until recently. remember the movie, who killed the electric car? it was the oil industry and they have some control in all nations to one degree or another. i can say my thoughts here concerning the oil industry that i believe they have far too much greed, much like politicians, and the politicians may just be controlled by oil too. one need not look too far to see the corruption and chaos that greed and power breeds.

this also touches on world economy and globalization and it is the super companies like those in oil that pull the strings.

had i said all of that on naws i would've been reprimanded as it is not my forum and i must go by rules too. :-X

Westbranch

Yes, the Seven (oil) Sisters hold far more control over what we do day to day then most would believe. 
I remember ~ 15 years ago, a New Years Day special on PBS and they gathered all that years Noble nominees for an open/frank discussion on trade Globalization.   
One remark hit home...  it went ' Free Enterprise is a great work horse that can accomplish much for humanity, but don't expect it to produce something you want UNLESS you have a very firm hands on the reins of that horse."  ie you need good public policy/legislation to get social improvements, laissez-faire Economic management does not cut it.
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Robin

I think most people are past the notion that wind doesn't work. The ultra conservative groups are whaco when it comes to renewable energy and the Prius etc. , but then the ultra liberals create things like Solyndria that never had a chance of success. Not sure if that was just ultra stupidity or dishonesty and greed?
Better stay in the middle I guess.
Robin Gudgel

niel

i agree with you robin as it is some fluctuating combination of all of those things on all sides. i think wind may work as jacobs did it for the longest time. few today want to put quality into their workmanship today too and often overcharge for what they are offering. this is why you guys are a breath of fresh air compared to what's out there.

cpm

Well,

I'm one of those nutjobs who thinks that 'small' wind makes a huge amount of sense, and that industrial (read commercial) scale wind, less so.

I wrote a big long rambling blog post to that effect some time back, maybe some of ya'll who are more literate in this field can dissuade me from my bigotry against pretty much all utility-scale stuff.

http://cubic-dog.blogspot.com/2010/06/wind-farms-some-considerations.html