Enabling Data Logging in Local App?? Whats it do??

Started by epsgunner, July 20, 2012, 07:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsgunner

What does enabling the data logging in the 'Local App' do??

Does this just enable logging to the computer the Local Ap is running on??

I see the export spreadsheets and such..

And leaving it un-enabled in the 'Local App' does what??

I know the Classic 150 by itself logs data onto itself..

I don't plan on leaving a laptop attached 24/7 and running to log data..

I may use the FACE for monitoring here and there..

Obviously confused..  ???    :o

Lya72

Hi,

Yes, you're right, "Enable Data Logging" logs the values, occuring during the Local App Activity.

I was having the same analyze, why let a computer run an entire day ON (100w x 15 hours = 1.5Kw) to get information that is already in the Classic.

Bob says that a version that read the Classic datas is on the road, next days, week... ???

What are you calling the FACE ?

Yann

PS : for debugging information, if your Local App runs an entire day, at the end of it, you select every data proposed and export it in a CSV file.
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

boB

The Local App also logs many data items as well as the Classic itself.

If you enable logging in the Local App, it will save data points at 2 second intervals while the Local App is running
and connected to the Classic(s).   Then, you can view selected items in the Local Application charts and/or
export the logged information to a .CSV  file which can then be opened with Excel or Open office or anything
that can load comma separated value ascii files.

This is in addition to the data logging internal to the Classic itself which soon, will be able to be read by the Local App
also.

The 2 second interval data is stored on your local disk as it is captured by the Local App.  The graphing in the Local App
can plot data over selected intervals.    I believe that all 11 data items are actually logged even though they all may
not be selected in the "values to chart" area of the graphics charting screen.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

epsgunner

Thanks.. I dunno what face means.. I have no clue how that got there..