Batery Maintain Mode

Started by mod37, May 02, 2018, 12:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mod37

I'm in Baja now, but will head back north in a few weeks. I updated my solar system last November to 4-285 watt solar panels, a Midnight Classic 150 and 4- Rolls L16 428AH batteries. Everything has worked great. When I leave I will turn off my inverter but want to continue to keep the batteries sufficiently charged, without overcharging and using too much water. Ideas on what should I change in my settings?

ClassicCrazy

I think Vic has suggested in the past that if you don't have a lot of loads on your system you can use the Skip Days feature to limit how often it does a full charging cycle.  Once it is in float you won't be using much water.  The thing is if batteries are in float for long time then the electrolyte can stratify so it is good to have a good absorb cycle to mix up the electrolyte. I think I have used Auto Equalize in the past every 10 days with equalize setpoint to Absorb voltage  but a longer absorb time . That would bubble the batteries longer and get things stirred up. And it also defeats the ending amps if you use that feature to stop regular absorb cycle.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable