Wind Learning ETA

Started by keyturbocars, April 10, 2011, 03:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyturbocars

Hi boB,

I was just wondering if you had any estimates of when wind learning might become available.  I have seen a noticeable difference when tweaking my wind curves, so I'd suspect that my HY-2000+Classic150 would be even more efficient if the wind curve was optimized.

I realize that you are probably being pulled in 20 different directions at once, but I just thought I'd ask out of curiosity.

Edward

boB

No ETA other than ASA I can get to it.  I'ts gonna be probably a few months though.

It's high on the list though.  It's REALLY hard to adjust like you were trying to do.

Automatic will be way better I'm sure.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

keyturbocars

OK.  Look forward to it.  I've spent a few hours experimenting with different curves since I've had my Classic 150.  Sometimes it seems the harder I try to optimize, the worse things end up getting.  Some of my best results have come from dumb luck, but then I didn't save it in memory (experimented with too many different curves) and so I couldn't go back to it later.

I agree that automatic will be much better!

Edward

Halfcrazy

Quote from: keyturbocars on April 10, 2011, 11:52:24 PM
OK.  Look forward to it.  I've spent a few hours experimenting with different curves since I've had my Classic 150.  Sometimes it seems the harder I try to optimize, the worse things end up getting.  Some of my best results have come from dumb luck, but then I didn't save it in memory (experimented with too many different curves) and so I couldn't go back to it later.

I agree that automatic will be much better!

Edward

Do not feel bad I have been trying to dial in a set of blades on the 17ft machine that where made by Royal wind and solar. They are really cool blades made like the old wind charger blades but they need the power curve to be real close. It would be a cake walk if we had a solid 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 mph winds in 1 hour blocks.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

keyturbocars

Ryan, I know what you mean about the everchanging winds.  There were times I had my Davis weather console sitting right next to my Classic when I was tweaking the wind curve.  It's hard to run a good experiment with more than one variable changing at the same time!  The fluctuations in the wind make it tricky to try to observe how changes to the curve affect the power output.

Wind learning will be very cool!

Edward