Manufacturer specific battery profiles

Started by laszlo, July 13, 2011, 11:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laszlo

Each battery  manufacturer has a different formula, so the optimal charge voltage setpoints are different. And sometimes the difference between charge voltages is pretty big.

For example, for  flooded lead-acid , the Trojan end of charge  voltage is 2.5V per cell, while for US  Battery, it's 2.58V / cell. That's a 1.92 V charge voltage difference on a 48V battery bank!

Does the Classic have profiles for different battery manufacturer's or at least a warning to the user in the setup wizard that the battery chemistry is different so they should research the set points for their own batteries? If Midnite can tabulate these from the battery manufacturers, it would be a great value-add.
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Halfcrazy

Laszlo
It would be pretty cool to have all that built in but I am afraid it may be to cumbersome for people to scroll through that many options? What we do now is set the Classic to the low end of the battery chemistry you have to minimize the risk of damage. We could start a document either on our forum or on the MidNite site though with battery data sheets?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

mike90045

I'd make it just links to the mfg's data sheets, the lawyers are looking for new sources of funding, lawsuits being among the popular biz models.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

Halfcrazy

Ok I will start a thread in the FAQ section titled Battery Manufacturer's Data sheets. Feel free to add links to PDF's or what not for any battery you have them for I can always restructure it later to get them in some form of order.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time