Places to Buy

Started by keyturbocars, January 07, 2011, 07:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyturbocars

Has anyone seen the Classic 150 for sale online yet?

I've seen different places listing it, but last I checked I didn't see any in stock to order.

Edward

niel

they may not show up as in stock if they were preordered and are going right out the door. your best bet is to call one of the places and ask them if they have any extras to sell to you or see about preordering.

keyturbocars

Good point Neil.  They are probably spoken for in advance and flying out the doors as soon as dealers get them.  I'm sure some people have been eagerly waiting for years - long before I got into RE.

I did send a message to Infinigi.com to see if they planned to stock the Classic soon.  They carry other Midnite products (don't see the Classic listed yet), and I've had good experiences with them in the past.  Great pricing and great service.

Edward

Halfcrazy

Try Maverick solar he may have some
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

animatt

I called maverick and got an answering machine.  Left contact info and they did not get back to me.

Also sent them an email also no reply.

I am really interested as well as where to buy them.

I was just signing on to post the same exact thread. 

I looked here to see if I could get more leads http://www.midnitesolar.com/distributors_stocking.php

But no sure how up to date that list is as I see maverick solar is not on there.

Anyway I am really interested in picking 2 of these controllers up.

Main selling points for me is the webserver built in as well as the flexibility of the unit.  It seems like midnite developers have their hands on the product.  Not just develop it, drop it, and move on.  So issues I think would be fixed and unit improved.  Rather than say outback as boB and company do not work there anymore, same goes for Xantrex and Solar Guppy.  I really like that developers communicate with the community.  I really do think this will iron out any issues that may come up as well as make the item better. It is better for developers /technicians to hear the issues directly from those having them rather than through a 3rd party(boss, etc).

Anyway really excited to see product finally coming to market.  And would re issue the question of original poster. Where can these be located

Need 2 controllers fairly soon.

Matthew

RickW

Quote from animatt " Rather than say outback as boB and company do not work there anymore, same goes for Xantrex and Solar Guppy."

Just when I thought Outback was the best :'(, now the image is shattered.  IF I was important  ::) I would ask someone to keep me informed of personnel changes and new company upstarts.

Rick
Homepagewww.power-talk.net
Forumforum.power-talk.net/
Website www.Power-Talk.net
www.Taprootfarmsak.com

niel

that was quite some number of years ago they got out of outback. you need a better grapevine.

RickW

Quote from: niel on January 09, 2011, 03:18:00 PM
that was quite some number of years ago they got out of outback. you need a better grapevine.

That's what I am saying, I feel like Jack standing on the ground and looking up the beanpole, or in this case the grapevine. 

Rick
Homepagewww.power-talk.net
Forumforum.power-talk.net/
Website www.Power-Talk.net
www.Taprootfarmsak.com

Vic

I've ordered a Classic 150 from whosalesolar in December.  They had no stock at the time.  Several days ago they said that their shipment was lost in shipping,  who knows where.  I dunno if they order direct (this was kinna implied by Robin),  or through a distributor.

Am not complaining,  tho.    Waiting for Santa.        Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

niel

don't feel too bad vic as ups initially lost one of my packages and they later found it. you can almost expect stuff like this around the holidays.

Vic

Hi Niel,

That is a good point.  I was expecting Snata,  but,  Santa was using some parcel delivery service.   I feel better now!

73   HNY,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

jwdukes

Quote from: animatt on January 08, 2011, 10:12:14 AM
I looked here to see if I could get more leads http://www.midnitesolar.com/distributors_stocking.php
But no sure how up to date that list is as I see maverick solar is not on there.

Back to topic.  Thanks for the link animatt!  
Wholesale Solar has it (the Classic 150) listed for $xxx
www.solar-electric.com/mnclassic.html  $xxx  (out of stock, call for special order)
maverick solar  $xxx
the best price I've found is at www.solarpanelstore.com  $xxx !!  

Please post if you've found it cheaper.  I just emailed sunelec to see if they plan to stock it.

Edited to remove price.

Vic

I did order a 150  from Wholesale Solar in December,  but still no joy,  altho,  at that time,  the price was lower -- $xxx   IIRC.    Good Luck,          Vic

LGeist

I thought I would share a bit of excitement with this thread, JUST SOLD MY FIRST CLASSIC! Woohoo! Now I just hope I can get it to my customer before the end of the month...  ;D

Vic

Hi Loren,

CONGRATULATIONS !   I am Wait-Listed elsewhere ... always a crapshoot about
which distyributor/reseller will receive a  new and very sophisticated product first.   And for MN,  there are  many,  many,  MANY details to work out.

Am sure that it will be a teriffic box, as was,  and still is the MX-60 !

Hope you get many before the end of this month.

Thanks for the info.     Vic