Classic 200 performance data

Started by clivusmul, November 18, 2012, 08:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clivusmul

I promised to get back with some performance data on my "Just Turned-on" installation. 

PV source is 8 ea. 255 Watt panels connected 2 strings in parallel X 4 each in series.  I was running a 1.5 HP submersible well pump that requires about 36 amps from my Inverter (4.4 KW Magnum 120/240) so I could see how much energy I could obtain from the Classic 200.  The battery bank was sourcing ~ 2.4 Amps in addition to the power coming from the MPPT Charge Controller.  I read the battery draw from the Battery monitor and the PV data came directly from the Classic display.

I had my panels pointed directly at the Sun... Temperature was about 50 Degs F... 'Also know that I am running about 190 ft. of #4 aluminum cable X 2 conductors for each array - total of 4 strands of #4 aluminum X 190 ft at 17 amps total drive current... Each pair of conductors carries about 8 amperes...

Under these conditions, the Classic 200's panel showed: (I wish I knew how to embed a photo into this forum text box...)

IN -> 103.9V / 17.5A / Voc = 137.4 / Float MPPT
BATT -> 52.8V / 34.1A

I could not be more pleased - Several times I was reporting > 35 amps!! 

Imagine converting 1818.25 watts of Input PV energy into 1800.48 Watts of Inverter sourcing power!  That's a loss of about 18 watts through the Charge Controller... Truly amazing power conversion efficiency performance.

Thanks MIDNITE!

Clivusmul... KB7GX
Bob J