Classic setting vs Status Panel

Started by plongson, December 21, 2012, 09:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plongson

Finally unlocking the status panel has opened up a whole new level for me, so be prepared for many questions...LOL

Per a suggestion from boB, I activated the A-RST or auto reset on the Classic. Under "TECH" and "FEATURES" the 'Night Auto Reset" is not checked.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking they should match...

Paul
10-Astronergy 235 watt panels
Fixed 180° south face-No tracker
Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250V
Mini-Magnum MS4448PAE Power Center
Battery Bank: Fortress E-Vault MAX 18.5kW Lithium
Kubota SQ1200 21kW diesel genset
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

djohnm

Same deal here but different. I enabled Shade on the 'Tweaks,' 'More' screen on the Classic MNGP but in the Local App under 'Tech' and "Features,' Detect Partial Shading checkbox is NOT checked. Should it not be?

I don't know whether this should be posted here or under the Local Application Topic, but here it is...

-Dave
2.15 kW (10 Evergreen ES-A-215), Magnum MS4024, Classic 150, 6 Trojan IND29-4V @ 1570AH. Off grid since 1975.

Wxboy

I think I'm seeing the same thing.  Yesterday I activated Insomnia Mode on the Classic and I couldn't see that it was activated when looking at the local app(no check in the box).  Today I tried to enable Insomnia from the local app and the box is now checked and it said that it wrote data to the Classic but the Classic is not operating in Insomnia mode.  FW 1181. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

dgd

There seems to be a few inconsistencies between the Classic settings and the local app. The wind graph editor in the local app says its writing data to the Classic when COMMIT is pressed but the Classic is not updated. I don't trust those EQ settings either as I found EQ mode running for 14 hours after I twiddled it in the local app and specified a 3 hour max.
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

Ok a request please. Can anyone with problems specify the Classic firmware version (Found by repeatedly pushing status) as well as the Local App version.

Some of these things seem like known bugs from versions past. I know there was an issue with EQ a version or two back where it would start EQing when certain things where done. (Like clicking anything in the Tech Menu of the app)

As far as I knew all of these quirks had been cleaned up with the newest firmware and app so any info is greatly apreciated.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

plongson

Merry Christmas!! Ryan...

I'm running Classic 1181 and Network 1122 and the last Status panel release.

Take the rest of the day off...LOL  ;)
10-Astronergy 235 watt panels
Fixed 180° south face-No tracker
Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller 250V
Mini-Magnum MS4448PAE Power Center
Battery Bank: Fortress E-Vault MAX 18.5kW Lithium
Kubota SQ1200 21kW diesel genset
Lat/Long 37.8 N 113.1 W

boB

There was a thing with the local app not showing the check marks for the tweaks stuff with
the latest Classic version.   Not sure if the Local App is synched up with that yet or not ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Ryan
Classic 1181 and latest local app. Have I misunderstood the EQ settings in the local app in  that setting the EQ time, eg 3 hours, does not apply if EQ is
started manually from the local app?
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Wxboy

Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

Wxboy

I just tested changing the absorb voltage from the status panel and it worked fine.  I then tried to turn off insomnia mode from the status panel and ran down to the Classic but it didn't take the change.  The status panel said data written to classic after I unchecked insomnia and clicked the button(write features to Classic) but the change didn't take. 

Halfcrazy

Ok so I have found the Local app's Tech Menu (or more specifically the Tweaks modes near the bottom) do not work with the latest software. I had thought it was the other way around. I have passed this on to Andrew and hopefully we can resolve this soon.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time