Design Question

Started by schroew, March 10, 2023, 02:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schroew

Would a Hawkesbay 120 theoretically be able to replace the combined input from two Classic 150's?

boB

Yes ! Maybe. For a 48V battery system but depending on the PV nominal voltage for those 150s

The Hawkes Bay needs a minimum amount of input voltage to run correctly.

Put the two PV input arrays in series so the voltage will be high enough since the HB and Barcelona controllers want to see more than around 185 volts on their input.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

schroew

I am moving to a 48V system! I ran the panel data thru the classic calculator and that's when I noticed I might be able to add 3 panels to each array ( given 48V system) and move to the HB. Thx for the feed back!

schroew

I see this in the Hawkes Bay data:
Charges Lithium, Flooded Lead Acid, AGM and virtually any other chemistry.
600 VDC Max operating voltage
Max current out: 120 amps
185 to 585 volts dc operating range
Based on the classic sizing tool when re wire each 2x3 array into a 1x6 and then parallel those I get VMP of 198 and a VOC of 240. Is this cool? I could use one HB and put two Classics in the faraday cage !

boB

Quote from: schroew on March 16, 2023, 03:29:17 PMI see this in the Hawkes Bay data:
Charges Lithium, Flooded Lead Acid, AGM and virtually any other chemistry.
600 VDC Max operating voltage
Max current out: 120 amps
185 to 585 volts dc operating range
Based on the classic sizing tool when re wire each 2x3 array into a 1x6 and then parallel those I get VMP of 198 and a VOC of 240. Is this cool? I could use one HB and put two Classics in the faraday cage !

That is a bit on the low side but is within the specs ! 

As long as those panels don't get too hot, the Vmp should stay above that 185 V.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me