Full River DC400-6 "L16" Equivalent AGM

Started by k7zs, February 03, 2016, 07:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k7zs

Going to be installing "4 packs" of these batteries in series, to power 3 different homes here in Baja, so we'll find out how they do.

We have 60 homes here that are ALL independently powered by solar.  After years with Trojan (and a pretty dismal track record, at least with batteries sourced down here) and more recently Rolls-Surrette ( little better track record, but at a price) we have decided to give these a try.

www.dcbattery.com/fullriver_dc400-6.html

One of the homeowners here does installs up in the states, has been using these for years with great success.  And, they are well priced, I found them for $424 in San Diego, and their new warranty policy is for 7 years.  Like Rolls, 2 year full replacement, but a 5 year pro-rated period.

Anybody have any experience Full River batteries? They've been making AGM's for about 10 years.

We'll be the guinea pigs on these, stay tuned!

-Kevin K7ZS

zoneblue

6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

k7zs

Good to know, they do make virtually all sizes now in their AGM line ...

We'll see how they do in an off grid service ..

Kevin

littleharbor2

I have a set of DC250-6 Fullrivers in Baja and am happy with them so far. So many AGM batteries are not necessarily Deep Cycle it's comforting to know these are intended for deep cycle service.
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank

wheelman55

Great news on the new warranty.

To add to the knowledge base...Last August I got a very good quote ( a bit lower than the price you posted, but it was a while ago) on the FullRiver DC600's from Albert at DC Battery. The quote included free freight to my door.