e-panel review

Started by laszlo, May 27, 2013, 02:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laszlo

Overall rating: 9 out of 10

Comparison made to : Magnum MMP - ie  Magnum mini panel -- overall rating 6 out of 10

Added another Magnum 4448 inverter to my system so this gave me an opportunity  to try the e-panel, left-hinge version. The overall layout of the e-panel is thoughtful and and practical provides much more room to wire a system. The POS/NEG battery terminals land right above and just a slight offset in case of POS to  the conduit knockouts so there is no or minimal bending of battery wire required. This is a great plus! In case of Magnum MMP panel it was a pain landing the battery cables just right and the space is tiny.  Another great plus is the positioning of the ground bus bar -- there is a unified ground busbar in  e-panel, compared to two separate busbars in MMP,  and it was very easy to land all the ground wires. Sicne I used a left hinge version and the documentation was referring to the right-hinge version, it took a little orientation to translate the illustrations to left-hinge. The document also did not mention how to set up the a/c bypass breakers slider plate (ie.:  you have to take the slider plate off and put the white plastic washers under the lock nuts) -- this would be a welcome footnote to e-panel document. There is also some code notes about DC negative and A/c neutral  bonding that the e-panel document should cover, just like the Magnum MMP manual. There is no bonding screw in e-panel on a/c side and no DC negative bonding plate in DC side, and this is one area where the product could be improved.  Mechanically it is a well made system, and a joy  to work with. Robin Gudgel has done it again!

4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs