Beta Kid tripping breaker after 1742 update..

Started by TomW, July 11, 2014, 10:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

My beta Marine Kid has begun tripping the battery breaker  since I installed the 1742 update posted in another thread.

This Kid has been running perfect since I got it. I had a bad breaker back in February that I replaced on this Kid. That seemed to work until now. I updated to 1742 a couple days ago and it has started to pop the breaker. The breaker is a 150 volt DC 30A MNEPV30  breaker from Midnite. It seems to happen overnight but I have never caught it in the act as it were.

This Kid feeds a 24 volt flooded bank from 520 watts of Kyocera panels running at around 60 volts in so it should not be getting overloaded.

I might try to back pedal to older FW and see if it is FW or a sudden hardware problem?

Just curious if anyone else has seen this?

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

TomW

Added info:

After 24 hours of overcast and no sun I had the breaker trip again between noon and 4PM so it is not power throughput tripping  it.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Mario

Tom Here attach is the older revision code 1741 please downgrade and see if the problem goes away.

Edit: Actually before you downgrade can you check the calibration of the kid and also do a factory reset on the unit. depending on the previous firmware rev the kid might need to be reset and/or calibrated.

Mario R

TomW

Quote from: Mario on July 14, 2014, 05:40:20 PM
Tom Here attach is the older revision code 1741 please downgrade and see if the problem goes away.

Edit: Actually before you downgrade can you check the calibration of the kid and also do a factory reset on the unit. depending on the previous firmware rev the kid might need to be reset and/or calibrated.

Mario R

Mario;

I  swapped out the breaker already. If it persists I will try this. I had a bad breaker a few months back exhibit the same symptom so I swapped that.

It had 1741 on it I am pretty sure anyway.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TomW

Going on 3 days with the new breaker and no tripping.

Probably not The Kid or firmware but a flaky breaker?

Just an update.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TomW

Quote from: TomW on July 17, 2014, 03:16:35 PM
Going on 3 days with the new breaker and no tripping.

Probably not The Kid or firmware but a flaky breaker?

Just an update.

Tom

Well, a few minutes ago I got home and the breaker was tripped. Full sun.

Backpedalled to 1741 and will give it a few days and see if it holds.

Just an update to my inaccurate update.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TomW

Quote from: TomW on July 18, 2014, 02:56:28 PM

Well, a few minutes ago I got home and the breaker was tripped. Full sun.

Backpedalled to 1741 and will give it a few days and see if it holds.

Just an update to my inaccurate update.

Tom

Update to the update to the update... :o

Breaker was tripped this morning when I got into the power room. What to try now?

Back up another notch on FW?

As it stands now:

New breaker, 1741 Firmware. Marine Beta Kid. Seems to happen in lo to no light conditions.

Just the info as it develops.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Westbranch

What have you got to lose Tom?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

TomW

Quote from: Westbranch on July 20, 2014, 01:17:29 PM

What have you got to lose Tom?

True!

I don't see anything listed on Midnite's site other than 1742. Maybe One of the Midnite guys can toss me a link to whatever preceeded 1741?

I tend to bring out the worst in equipment.

Thanks for the reality check.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TomW

I seriously need fresh glasses.

I missed the link to 1722.

Duh.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)