How do I hook 2 Classics to 1 wind turbine?

Started by Halfcrazy, March 23, 2011, 04:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

At this time you can use 2 Classics on one wind turbine if it is a 3 phase ac turbine. You need to use a separate 3 phase bridge rectifier on each Classic other wise they back feed each other and will blow up one or both controllers. Here is a wiring diagram of a typical install with two Classics http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/Ryans_stacking.pdf

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

ibeweagle

Hello everyone feel just mad at myself cant remember shhhht read this months ago but forgot gess age is setting in you must isolate classics do not parelle the dc input of the classics as one that has let the smoke out of one classic cant say enough about midnites service will not recomend any other controller thanks Rayan will get up date and schematic of system when done will use two rectifiers for two classics from now on please put this in you manual should have known about this as made a diesel 9kw dc military APU unit work with isolation with diodes when starting and worked out good cheers Mike Johnson
Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 23, 2011, 04:31:47 PM
At this time you can use 2 Classics on one wind turbine if it is a 3 phase ac turbine. You need to use a separate 3 phase bridge rectifier on each Classic other wise they back feed each other and will blow up one or both controllers. Here is a wiring diagram of a typical install with two Classics http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/Ryans_stacking.pdf

kitestrings

Is this still the recommended way of connenting two CC to a single, larger turbine?  I know there has been some discussion about a different configuration (that might be added) where the two units where more interactive and shared the load as I understood the concept.

thansk for any help, ~kitestrings

Halfcrazy

At this time yes it is the recommended way. boB is working towards parallel inputs.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time