Rolls surrette batteries

Started by russ_drinkwater, December 02, 2015, 05:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_drinkwater

The L16's are between $680 and $900 each over here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I paid $680 each for the four I am using now.
Will be getting four more probably next month when I sell some cattle at the auctions.
Then I am sitting on my hands waiting for some ex-government cells to come up.
3000 amp hours at 2 volts.
If I can get hold of 12 of them I will be set. Have to find a new battery area as they weigh in at 250kg's a piece!
And are 30cm x 30 cm x 100 cm in size.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

ralph day

What kind of charge resources do you have Russ?  Gonna need lots to feed 3000amp hours.

Ralph

tecnodave

Russ

Ouch!!!!!!!     That shipping is a whopper!!!  I do get mine street wholesale, I'm not a dealer but one of my friends is so I pay street dealers price, markup is about 33-60% here on the average. I was quoted 356 USD for Trojan Solar L-16's in San Francisco. I bought the Interstates floor sweeper  L-16 batteries because they are produced in far greater volumes, they are the same batteries but labeled differently. 

The best deal I found on CALB CA 400a.h. here is 550 USD so shipping from China is way cheaper down there vs shipping here.  I think nobody is manufacturing LFP here or FLA in your area so the shippers reap great profits.

td
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

mahendra

yes that another reason why i have been leaning towards lithium as well.If you do some PI work as well you will find that eve nRoolls are now made in china.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

russ_drinkwater

I have 20 x 220 watt hyundia 33.2 voc panels and 2 midnite clasic regs at the moment.
At this time I have half of them on the roof as I have extension to the roof planned depending
on cash availability. 4400 watts is a bit low, but I can not afford any more regs, lol. As our $ is so low against the US $ atm.
All my systems are 24 volt and I know I can run a lot more panels @ 48 volts, but that is not going to happen.
I have a source of good quality 2nd hand panels on the coast as a lot of people over are doing "upgrades" on their grid tie systems
and the panels are worth nothing atm.
Normally I buy them for $50 a panel and just take the whole lot. If you want to pick and choose they want $100 for a 200 watt panel.
As I plan for more grid tie here and also DC water pumping without batteries voltages etc are not a concern as I get at least 10 panels of each brand in the batches I buy.
I am a solar vampire, lol. I want as much of it as possible to make things cheaper to run on the cattle property.
More solar = less fuel used + less power bills + more feed for our stock + greater returns on our product
Freight on gear coming out of america is one thing that killed off importation of a lot of american made gear.
25-50% added to the cost puts most people out of the market unless it something that will make a lot of cash.
Anyone here live in Detroit?
Just curious if things are as bad there as what is reported?
To be fair I have bought a few lighter products such as wind turbine hubs and blades from Windy Nation when I playing with turbines.
Good products and I like Al the owner/father.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

Cniemand

Mahendra: How true. Lithiums do not need those high charge considerations depending on bank size as would your typical Lead acid varieties. Did not think of that, but a perk certainly.

- Cloud
OFF-GRID @ 8500FT : 2000w Array : 8 - CS6P-250P ; VFX 3648 ; WBjr ; MN CL200 #6738 ; FW #2079  
48v LiFePo4 : 16 - CALB CA 100 aH in Series - 5 kWh ; No Active BMS - Bottom Balanced
Charging Parameters : Bulk - 55v, Absorb - 5 EndAmps @ 55v, Float - 54v or 3.375v per Cell : ZERO EQUALIZE

russ_drinkwater

Hi Ralph,
I have 4,400 watts of solar panels and 2 mid nite 150 regs.
Not enough amps I know working on the 10% rule for charging, but more than enough for anything I would ever pull out of the banks.
If more panels come up I will of course grab another 10-20 and more regs.