Comments on new beta firmware?

Started by SolarMusher, October 22, 2012, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddog

Glad to try beta...send link...and I do use local remote but for remote monitoring...I don't use it to configure.
Midnight Solar Classic 150
Xantrex C-35  (diversion)
Blue Sky 3024i (Spare)
2 Evergreen 12v 195 watt (Series)
2 Astronergy 24v 290w (Parallel)
Wind Blue 500w 3-phase a/c Turbine
Air-X 400w Turbine
8 Deka 6v 230AH batteries (920AH Bank)
Bogart Trimetric
AIRPAX sine wave 1800w Inverter

reddog

OK NEW ISSUE TODAY...downloaded latest local app ver 0.3.9, was still attempting to rid the "OCP" message by turning off ground fault (with local app) suggested by earlier thread, now I am in EQ MPPT and I DID NOT start an EQ! auto EQ is off, this worries me!!!!! (PS: letting EQ go, just happens to be time anyways for one, will see if it completes and disengages by tomorrow). Also have VMM on but have not changed that in weeks.

Classic 150V (rev 4)   
Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1070 (10-2-2012 Beta)
- Network Rev: 1024
- local app ver 0.3.9
Blue Sky 3024i (Spare)
Air-X 400w Turbine
Bogart Trimetric

boB

Quote from: reddog on November 17, 2012, 01:19:25 PM
OK NEW ISSUE TODAY...downloaded latest local app ver 0.3.9, was still attempting to rid the "OCP" message by turning off ground fault (with local app) suggested by earlier thread, now I am in EQ MPPT and I DID NOT start an EQ! auto EQ is off, this worries me!!!!! (PS: letting EQ go, just happens to be time anyways for one, will see if it completes and disengages by tomorrow). Also have VMM on but have not changed that in weeks.

Classic 150V (rev 4)   
Firmware:     
- local app ver 0.3.9

Did you see that EQ come up first time you looked at it ?
Can you go into the recent history logs and find out when it started this EQ ?

Was it at first wakeup today, for instance ?

boB

PS...  Reddog...  Was the Local App connected to the Classic when this EQ started do you think ??
Were you working with the local app around the time the EQ started ??

boB

PPS...
>>> Also have VMM on but have not changed that in weeks.

Do you mean VMX ?  Or VMM as in Vulcan Mind Meld ?

boB (again)

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wxboy

I am not running the beta firmware but I did update the local app today and my Classic went into EQ mode shortly after the update(first time it's happened).  I noticed it saying EQ on the local app. so I went down to my Classic and when I went into the charge menu it said auto EQ on the bottom of the screen yet when I hit the button to go into the EQ settings themselves it was still set on manual EQ(as it always has been since I have agm batteries and do not want to EQ)???????  Luckily I have the EQ voltage set to my absorb voltage and I'm glad I do.  I wasn't going to post this until I saw it happen again but since someone else had their Classic go into EQ in a similar manner I figured I would mention it. 

Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

boB

Quote from: Wxboy on November 17, 2012, 07:24:47 PM
I am not running the beta firmware but I did update the local app today and my Classic went into EQ mode shortly after the update(first time it's happened).  I noticed it saying EQ on the local app. so I went down to my Classic and when I went into the charge menu it said auto EQ on the bottom of the screen yet when I hit the button to go into the EQ settings themselves it was still set on manual EQ(as it always has been since I have agm batteries and do not want to EQ)???????  Luckily I have the EQ voltage set to my absorb voltage and I'm glad I do.  I wasn't going to post this until I saw it happen again but since someone else had their Classic go into EQ in a similar manner I figured I would mention it.

Thanks !  No, this is great.  I appreciate your posting.

When you say you went to the charge menu and it said "AUTO", was that the auto EQ menu identifier for the Soft-Right key ?
Did it say auto EQ disabled where the Interval days is shown ??  Did the manual EQ menu (the first menu that contains the AUTO soft-key) say EQ Stopped or EQ started ?

What version of Classic firmware is in there ?

Thanks !
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wxboy

I wasn't in front of the Classic yesterday when I posted so my description may not have been the best.  In front of it now and this is what it says...

Went into Charge screen and then EQ screen.  It now says EQ stopped(yesterday I had to hit the down arrow a few times to get it to stop).  I assume it said EQ started or EQ'ing or something to that effect yesterday but I know it was in the EQ mode, just don't remember the terminology.  In the lower right of this same screen it says auto EQ, to the right of the Classic wording(I guess this is the auto EQ menu identifier).  When I hit the right soft key it is set to manual.  Let me know if you need any more specifics.  I'll open the local app. later to see if it does it again today but I doubt it will.  It is always possible that I accidentally clicked on start EQ within the local app but I had no reason to be clicking there so I don't think I did.  And that's why I wasn't going to post this yet but then I saw someone else mention an unscheduled EQ. 

6/29 firmware running
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

reddog

I replicated issue today...everything was normal by that I mean MPPT charge as usual (its 3pm in Chicago) Auto EQ is OFF, I then used local app and disabled GFI (un checked box) and saved through local app, did not touch anything else, immediately the Classic went to EQ MPPT, I have not tried changing any other settings yet. remember I was "playing" to attempt to get rid of the "OCP is Off" message thats how I discovered this.
Blue Sky 3024i (Spare)
Air-X 400w Turbine
Bogart Trimetric

reddog

I think I have identified the area of issue....any changes made in "config" "Technical" and saved will cause EQ mode to start, I went through each and every check box setting one at a time, each time after checking or un-checking anything with a checkbox and saving its starts EQ, then I simply go to "Basic" and stop EQ. PS: add ANY config changes, I went to "Basic" and changed my float charge value and saved and it also started EQ. and this TOGGLES! if I leave the EQ alone (don't stop EQ" and go back and change my float charge setting again and save it will go back to Bulk MTTP charge, so saving anything is "pinging" or "Toggling" the EQ start/stop.
Blue Sky 3024i (Spare)
Air-X 400w Turbine
Bogart Trimetric

Halfcrazy

Can you tell us what firmware version the classic is running? Also what version of the app as well? This can be  found under application and about

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Wxboy

That may have been what caused my EQ yesterday because I had changed something in the settings on the local app. before it happened.  Sun is down here so I can't test it now.

6/29 firmware, newest local app. that just came out

reddog

here it is again...
Classic 150V (rev 4)   
Firmware:     
- local app ver 0.3.9
Blue Sky 3024i (Spare)
Air-X 400w Turbine
Bogart Trimetric

atop8918

Sorry for the trouble everyone. I have fixed the problem in version 3.10 of the local app now available for download.

Rngr275

THANK YOU.... My guy down loaded the new firmware. Had a little trouble getting the second controller to take the download. Finally, got it to take (tried calling Ryan but you probably didn't recognized my home phone). Had some weird logging stuff going on though (dates and times are invalid) and  the OCP message.Ddid the "VMM" yesterday and all is well! No error messages and I am finally getting the absorption times I have been looking for. I haven't figured out how or if the  "Follow me" is working. The Amp to the batteries from the classic are about the same while in bulk. When the CC goes to absorb, the second CC seems to be putting out about half the amps as CC#1. Is this how it works?

Thanks Roy at 4-Winds for doing the update!

boB

We need to get some videos for the Follow-Me stuff.

As far as CC#1 not Absorbing as much as CC#2, that would be related to the slight differences
in either battery voltage readings of the two different Classics or possibly the PV arrays.
If the arrays are similar in size and power, I would say it's the voltage reading.
There  may be a future firmware update to help with sharing in Absorb, but the
main thing is that your batteries get charged.  If they are both in Absorb, then that
is getting done.
If you would like the one CC to come up a bit in output power like the other Classic is
doing, you could go to the Tweaks menu of the Classic that is putting out less power and
bring its battery voltage offset down by 0.1 volts and see if that helps.  Or, the Classic that
is putting out more power, raise its battery voltage offset by 0.1 volt and see if it comes down
in power slightly which should bring the opposite classic UP in power a bit.

Or, just leave it as is since your batteries are getting charged at least.  Let us know if you
do adjust the battery voltage offset.  I'm curious if it helps or not.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mtdoc

Quote from: Rngr275 on November 23, 2012, 05:27:48 PM
I haven't figured out how or if the  "Follow me" is working.

Is the new firmware with "follow me" networking available? The firmware link does not show it.
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.