Classic 150 showing 9v before PV turned on?

Started by Doug.T, November 29, 2012, 06:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug.T

Hello, I'm Doug, I just installed my new 150 classic and before I turned on my PV array it showed 9volts in???
Any idea why??? my system is working realy well. I just went on through the wizard and started it up. All seams to be working great??
Kind Regards
Doug
10,  230W pv panels in 5 sets of 2 at 460w a set into a Midnite classic 150 running Trace PS 2524 inverter with a 660 amp hour bank

TomW

Quote from: Doug.T on November 29, 2012, 06:44:18 PM
Hello, I'm Doug, I just installed my new 150 classic and before I turned on my PV array it showed 9volts in???
Any idea why??? my system is working realy well. I just went on through the wizard and started it up. All seams to be working great??
Kind Regards
Doug

Doug;

No worries, it is completely normal.

Was a thread on here about it recently.

Mine does the same but the voltage it claims varies.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Doug.T

Thanks, Mine varied a little to but within half a volt of 9v, in my box it said I got an early release so now I have to sit down and work out how to flash the board and screen with new firmware. thanks again, doug
10,  230W pv panels in 5 sets of 2 at 460w a set into a Midnite classic 150 running Trace PS 2524 inverter with a 660 amp hour bank

TomW

Doug;

Here is the link to the firmware info:

http://www.midnitesolar.com/documentsA.php?menuItem=documents&docCat_ID=14&docCatName=Firmware

It is really quite easy but I am not sure what is the latest and greatest release firmware version?

Good Luck with it.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Nashville

Quote from: TomW on November 29, 2012, 06:52:26 PM
Quote from: Doug.T on November 29, 2012, 06:44:18 PM
Kind Regards
Doug

Doug;

No worries, it is completely normal.

Was a thread on here about it recently.

Mine does the same but the voltage it claims varies.

Tom
We need to make this part of the manual in BOLD. Maybe have a screen pop in the LCD that says  "There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind...."

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: Nashville on December 25, 2012, 06:35:39 AM
We need to make this part of the manual in BOLD.

Maybe a section titled "10 things you need to know before you flip any switches. Trust us ..."