voltage on input at nite

Started by mahendra, January 19, 2013, 07:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

hi again but i noticed my classic showing an input voltage of 4v at night is this normal ?
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

TomW

Absolutely normal. Mine shows between 8 to 12 or so I think due to leakage through the FETS?

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

That input voltage is actually there in purpose.  It was the same with the MX60.

That appears there because there is a 10K resistor across the relay contact.

The voltage that appears will always be less than battery voltage but if your PV array is
leaky or just very large, the input voltage can go down to almost zero.  I find it is
normally slightly higher than 1/2 the battery voltage if the input isn't loaded down
much by leaky modules or a large array or something.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

I stand corrected.

Not sure where I got the leakage through FETs idea?  :o

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

boB

Quote from: TomW on January 19, 2013, 08:32:21 PM
I stand corrected.

Not sure where I got the leakage through FETs idea?  :o

Tom

Don't know, BUT, it DOES pass through the diodes of the FETs so you're not very far off.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mahendra

thanks guys i am very keen on keeping my system safe for many reason , as for warranty i dont know if i would still be eligible because i am located way over in south america and even if i am eligible shipping back to the us is an issue for a number of reasons as well.but thanks anyway
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648