Previous topic - Next topic

dgd

Quote from: Mario on February 28, 2014, 12:58:00 PM
the RFR list is the same as the classic

Mario

The RFR I see after these resting events when there is plenty solar power is 15
From the Classic list of RFRs this is low light #4

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

dgd

My beta KID has had an interesting weekend. Hot days and clear/broken clouds. The KID got back into the
BULKMPPT and RESTING stages cycling most of the last 3 days. Resting lasts up to an hour or more with bulkmppt lucky to last 15 minutes
The RFR after state changes to resting is 15. Always the same RFR.
The fet and cpu temps were about mid 50s all day, heat sink fins hot to touch
The max power input I could get was 440 watts from a 700watt array but that was probably because the PVs were hot enough to fry an egg (I did this but bacon would not fry!).
Cooler day today more cloud cover no unexpected resting from KID but power low as expected under 100w.
Waiting on sunny cold day to see if I can get the KID up to 30 amps output.
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

onanparts

OK, just updated to FW Rev 1713, resting with no input connected the battery voltage tenth digit is wigging out. Take a look at the vid here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCJ0Zg9ylvU

Rev 1709 is rock solid, no issues with the display at all. Went back to Rev 1709 and the display is fine, stable. Back and forth between 1709 and 1713 several times. 1709 stable, 1713 unstable.
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

dapdan

My display does that as well and I don't. View it as unstable.

Cheers...
Damani

TomW

I happen to be running 2X Kids. One I upgraded to 1713 and it does this blinking thing. Looks like its switching between .4 and .3 here I just assumed it was on the fence on whether it was .3 or .4?

The other has 1714 from Midnite on it and does not seem to do this. They are on separate systems.

Not sure if it is a bug or what?

It is curious.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

dapdan

wait as second....1714 is out?

Damani

TomW

Quote from: dapdan on March 04, 2014, 08:32:24 AM
wait as second....1714 is out?

Damani

Damani;

Not sure it is "out" but I got an RMA Kid with 1714 on it. Ryan or boB will have to address whether it is out or not.

Tom

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

1714 was questionable. I am testing 1721 and expect to release it today. It has SOC% in it for the WBjr and some fixes for the Display etc. Stay tuned I will likely pop it up here in a few hours for everyone to beta test. Ah heck here it is for now attached here.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 04, 2014, 09:39:30 AM
1714 was questionable. I am testing 1721 and expect to release it today. It has SOC% in it for the WBjr and some fixes for the Display etc. Stay tuned I will likely pop it up here in a few hours for everyone to beta test. Ah heck here it is for now attached here.

Ryan;

Slipped it on to both of them here and if I forgot to mention it, I love the drag and drop upgrade method.

1721 seems to be doing what it should. No display flicker.

Thanks for posting it.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mario

Yes 1721 is out.
now and the flickering might have to do with the rounding I will take a look at that.

1721 whats new:
Bug fixes
LCD bug fixes
SOC added to use with WBJR
SOC set up located in Main Menu->Aux-> SETUP button.

Thanks to boB for the help with this code!
Mario

onanparts

Quote from: Mario on March 04, 2014, 01:29:55 PM
Yes 1721 is out.
now and the flickering might have to do with the rounding I will take a look at that.

1721 whats new:
Bug fixes
LCD bug fixes
SOC added to use with WBJR
SOC set up located in Main Menu->Aux-> SETUP button.

Thanks to boB for the help with this code!
Mario

1721 loaded. Still getting the flickering 1/10 volt digit but instead of the blocks that make up the digit flickering in and out it's now trying to go up/down a tenth so yes the rounding or sensitivity.

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

dgd

1721 loaded earlier this morning. Just looked at RFR and its 0 instead of the usual 15 so it appears none of the resting events so far.
The timer display looks really good too.
thanks Mario

dgd

Mario,
This 1721 is a lot better, still getting the RFR 15 when it goes to resting for apparently no reason, but now it restarts within a second or two. So the overall effect of the resting is negligible.
The in voltage display on the RFR screen second line is not displaying any number for tenths of volt after the decimal point, just looks odd with a voltage number, decimal point, then blank.

Please also consider a method for setting the clock (TIMER) and (please please) an energy kwH number somewhere that resets to zero on clock moving to 00:00:00
And maybe for those of us not interested in attaching a WBjr to the KID, some alternative AUX outputs such as Float high, Diversion etc.
dgd

dapdan

Midnite,

Loaded the new fw(1721) yesterday and started to monitor the kid this afternoon.
This is my setup:

2 series strings of 130w 12v panels. Total of 520w. I charge either 12v or 24v with this set up. I was charging 12v today and the kid was maxed out with the orange OVR light flickering. Within a 10min span of observation whilst in bulk the output plummet to zero and then 1 sec later went back to max output of 30amp. I had just connected it to the batteries so the controller was not over heating. It did this 3 times in a 10min span. In fact I am going to get the fet temp now...CPU 48c, FETs 46c.

Cheers...
Damani

Vic

Hi Damani,

This may have nothing to do with what you are seeing on your KID,   but,  The Classic will do the same/similar thing when it sweeps.  The output current can be seen to momentarily go t zero,  and immediately return to producing full power for the conditions.

What you are seeing may not be what I have seen on Classics here,  of course ...   FWIW.     Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!