Previous topic - Next topic

thanasis

I have the following newby questions:
1) What this status display convey?
+-------------------+
| KWhr    KID    Ahr|
| 0.0            4.0|
+-------------------+
2) My PV panel is rated at 275W. Does the KID display anywhere what the panel's actual output is in real time, and how much of that is passed onto the battery.
3) Other that the documentation that came with the KID, are there any other reference docs one can use?
[/size]Thanks in advance
[/size]T.
CamperVan application.
Single PV:275W.
Charge Controller: KID w/WBjr.
Battery: Lifeline 8D 255Ah.
Main load: 4A DC refrigerator.

dgd

It's showing to total KW hours generated thus far are 0.0 and the amp hours generated are 4.0
These are related in that watt hours generated in voltage multiplied by amp hours. If your battery is 12 to 14 volts then this means you generated about  50 to 55 watt hours or 0.05 Kwhrs.
Since the KID display only shows one decimal place then it shows 0.0 Kwhrs.
When the amp hours get up to between 8 and 9 the Kwhrs will show an increase to 0.1.  :)

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

thanasis

Got it. Thank you Dgd!
Are these figures cummulative since the KID was turned on or since the last Resting period?
T.

CamperVan application.
Single PV:275W.
Charge Controller: KID w/WBjr.
Battery: Lifeline 8D 255Ah.
Main load: 4A DC refrigerator.

TomW

Quote from: thanasis on September 17, 2014, 12:40:28 AM
I have the following newby questions:
1) What this status display convey?
+-------------------+
| KWhr    KID    Ahr|
| 0.0            4.0|
+-------------------+
2) My PV panel is rated at 275W. Does the KID display anywhere what the panel's actual output is in real time, and how much of that is passed onto the battery.
3) Other that the documentation that came with the KID, are there any other reference docs one can use?
[/size]Thanks in advance
[/size]T.
Press the "status" button might need a couple pokes to toggle to the screen that gives real time info. (Lower left)

Watts Battery Volts  charge stage, etc. are shown.

What you see in the screen you posted is the cumulative Amp Hours and KiloWatt Hours

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

chris

Quote from: TomW on September 17, 2014, 12:55:42 PM

What you see in the screen you posted is the cumulative Amp Hours and KiloWatt Hours

Tom

Since last rest......this is what the Kid has produced this day.
System 1
12 volt system,
280 AH DIY LifePO4 with 200amp JBD BMS
4x200 Watt 36volt panels 4P
MidNite Kid, WBjr
2000 watt Kisae SW inverter

System 2
Off Grid RV (parked and used as a cabin)
12 volt system,
4 X T-105+
6X100 watt array wired as 3 strings
MidNite Kid, WBjr & MNBTS
1500 watt Cotek SW

Jacotenente

Is there anyway to route the display signal? It would awesome if there was an optional/remote display...one that could be seen from across the room.

Kent3

Quote from: Jacotenente on September 18, 2014, 06:08:40 PM
Is there anyway to route the display signal? It would awesome if there was an optional/remote display...one that could be seen from across the room.
Hi Jacotenente
What I use to monitor my Kid display is a baby cam and monitor. I can be in my easy chair in the house and watch the status screens rool  through.
Kent
6 - 150 Watt PV, 210Ah /24V FLA Battery Bank, 2-MN-Kid CC w/WBjr and 2-MNBTS, eu2000i, eu3000i,  Samlex 1000 Watt PSW, 1000 Watt MSW,    Linux user

dgd

Quote from: Kent3 on September 20, 2014, 12:16:35 AM
What I use to monitor my Kid display is a baby cam and monitor. I can be in my easy chair in the house and watch the status screens rool  through.

I suppose the next technology to apply will be a joystick remote controlled robot arm so you can stay in the chair and press those little rubber buttons
:P

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Jacotenente

Baby monitor...interesting idea!