OLD REPLACED WITH 0.3.15 BETA Beta version of the Local App version 0.3.13

Started by Halfcrazy, February 17, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

I have a Beta version of the Local App version 0.3.13 it only works with the newer Classic code released on 12-11-12.

The known bugs as of now:
Float time does not agree with the Classic
IP addressing is non functional

Let me know if anyone sees any odd behavior. The Logging is still a little funky but that is in the Classic and boB is working towards a resolution on that as well.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31975941/LocalStatusPanel.v0.3.13.air

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Ryan;

Been using this since you sent me a beta copy 12 days ago or so and it has had zero issues I have noticed in the way I use it.

I do my logging via serial port to a Raspberry Pi so have not used that. I fire it up every day all day on my laptop I run when I am up and about here on the ranch.

No issues with dropping connections, finding the Classic, etc. like some prior versions had.

Just looked at the logging and I like the date rather than days prior part.

Just FYI

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Lya72

Hi,

After several hours with the 0.3.12 version, I found the following :

- Day Selector Calendar (month is invisible)

- On the History log , the Day column size is too small.

- The date is in mm/dd/yyyy, without 0. It's doesn't read the regional settings to display in french (dd/mm/yyyy). 

- no more Scrolling problem : YESSSS

- Switching from Offline to Live Data somtimes display an empty graph with CSS instructions on the Battery counter, on the right.

- "EQUALIZE SS" status is displayed versus EQUALIZE on the MNGP (Is this good ??)

- When you open a day graph, you are are not positionned by default on the current day, or the Current hour  in an hour, 1/2 graph. By default, it goes on the day where I initialised my Classic (07/19/2012).

Yes a lot of bugs to work BUT a great progress by giving us a Beta Version to play with and even on a Sunday !!

A BIG HANDSHAKE for that !!

Yann

PS 1 : This night, I will work on the latest Beta Version (0.3.13) - Please modify the post title.

PS 2 : @Tom, Is it possible to share your RaspBerry PI developments ??

1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Resthome

Quote from: TomW on February 17, 2013, 11:23:39 AM

No issues with dropping connections, finding the Classic, etc. like some prior versions had.

Unfortunately, I'm still intermittantly seeing the drop connections with this version. Sometimes it can go for a full day with no dropped connect others it will occur 4-5 times in an hour. The retry seems to always reconnect. This happens mostly if I am looking at and changing things in the DATA tabs. I am using a static IP and that IP is out side the range of DHCP IPs.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

TomW

Quote from: Lya72 on February 17, 2013, 12:21:56 PM
PS 2 : @Tom, Is it possible to share your RaspBerry PI developments ??

Lya72;

Sure, not much to it so far. Tore a rotator cuff awhile back so not getting much done around here. Luckily its not Spring when the real work happens here.

Basically, get a Pi, and an SDHC card, install The current Debian "Raspbian" distribution to the card with your computer.

Boot it up, update it and then you just need to connect the USB port on the Classic to the USB on the Pi.

Now you can upgrade the firmware or pull data from the Classic via the USB [serial] port using the Pi.

There are several data stream options in the classic accessed via the MNGP "comms" tab.

Then you simply need to use "cat /dev/ttyACM0" on the Pi in a terminal. This will dump the stream from the Classic to the terminal. You can redirect to a file via some filters using grep, awk and maybe perl to gather the specific data you want. These tools are included in the Raspbian distribution. It is simply a matter of redirecting the output to file(s) for further processing.

More options than I can remember and post here but it is not that tough to do.

I made a post here on the various data streams available as well as other parts of the process.

The stream I use puts out this type of data:

4115,    247

4116,    938

4117,    363

4118,     33

4119,    911

this is Register#, data.

in this case 4115 is battery volts divided by 10 and that sample shows 24.7 volts under load of my water heater dumping excess power.

4116, is PV input volts divided by 10 or 93.8 volts
4117, is Battery amps divided by 10  or 36.3 amps
4118, is todays KWH divided by 10 or  3.3 KWH
4119, is watts to battery no division or  911 watts

Just the beginning. I can share some processing scripts if you get to that point.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Lya72

I can confirm this dropping connection when you play with the localApp Data tabs.

For the moment, I can't surely reproduce it, but I take a screen capture when it occured.
Edit : reproduced one time with 0.3.13 by going from Data to Config /Power Meter scale down from 5Kw to 1Kw.

You can see "the dialog box saying that the connection is closed " and in the background, the connection is already re-enabled, because the conection is re-established in one second or two.

I have another one :

It's after the LocalApp new version installation (seen on 0.3.10 and 0.3.12 AND 0.3.13).

My Classic is unjoinable even after stopping the App, repairing the Network connection (cache flush) and putting my laptop in deep sleep mode.
Edit : Same with 0.3.13 at 11:30 PM and even after a laptop reboot !!

If it occurs before midnight and I let my laptop in sleep mode for the night, the next day at 06:00 AM, the connection is OK on the first shot.
Edit : Connection OK this morning with 0.3.13 version at 06:20 AM

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Lya72

@Tom,

Thanks for that detailled explanation on the RaspBerry PI setup with the Classic.

I will have to work and I will come back when I will see values in the PI terminal.

Yann

Resthome

Quote from: Lya72 on February 17, 2013, 12:21:56 PM

Hi,

After several hours with the 0.3.12 version, I found the following :

- Day Selector Calendar (month is invisible)

- On the History log , the Day column size is too small.

On the month not being visable you can change the color and it will be visable. They need to change the default color so it is visable to start with.

The data column's width are adjustable. Go to the header and put the pointer at the edge of the column and drag it to adjust.

John

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

Resthome

There appears to be a change in Exporting Live data. If I export live data from the local app v 0.3.12 beta version and I pick a day and by ½ hour it only exports data from midnight to the first break in data recording (ie: a connection close) or time of closing of the app. This didn't use to be the case. The complete day's data was exported. If I use "Day" I can get a full day's data including the breaks in recording and part of the next day's data.
John

Resthome

While not a big deal there appears to be an anomaly in the temperature data right around the time the Classic Auto-Restarts. After a few seconds it returns to normal. See attachment.
John

Lya72

@RestHome,

Yes, the History Log Date's column size is adjustable but 2 seconds after the resizing, it goes back to it's original size.

Are there Folks that are using the LocalApp on a screen that is smallest than 1024x768 ????

Yann

Resthome

Quote from: Lya72 on February 18, 2013, 12:40:35 AM
@RestHome,

Yes, the History Log Date's column size is adjustable but 2 seconds after the resizing, it goes back to it's original size.

Are there Folks that are using the LocalApp on a screen that is smallest than 1024x768 ??? ?

Yann

Wait until the Export button becomes available, that is when the data has finished being extracted from the Classic. Then you can adjust the column and it will stay.

John

Halfcrazy

Quote from: Resthome on February 17, 2013, 05:09:24 PM
While not a big deal there appears to be an anomaly in the temperature data right around the time the Classic Auto-Restarts. After a few seconds it returns to normal. See attachment.

This I suspect is in the Classic and I will point it out. It appears to last for 4 seconds if I am seeing this correctly? This may be normal behavior as the Night time reset actually reboots the controller and the network processor boots just slightly faster than the main cpu so the temps may be default for a couple stamps till the processor can actually read the data.

Ryan

Halfcrazy

So I am compiling a list so I can work with Andrew this week. So far I have the following I feel are real bugs in the APP not the Classic:

1- Float Time in offline data does not agree with the Classic
2- IP addressing is not functional yet
3- EQ does not match the Classic. The Classic shows Equalize or Equalize MPPT the App shows Equalize or Equalize SS

I do see the complaint on the following and will look deeper into it but not sure I classify it as a Bug just yet

A- Date column in the offline History chart is to narrow, But after the data is downloaded you can expand it. Maybe it should be wider by default and I will ask if that can be added to the list.
B- Switching from Offline to Live data sometimes results in a blank screen, I have tried to recreate this and have not been able to yet but I will add it to the debug list if we can recreate it.
C-  I pick a day and by ½ hour it only exports data from midnight to the first break in data recording (ie: a connection close) or time of closing of the app. This didn't use to be the case. The complete day's data was exported. If I use "Day" I can get a full day's data including the breaks in recording and part of the next day's data.
D- Day Selector Calendar (month is invisible) I am unable to recreate this are you using the default color scheme or have you changed that? In mine Days that are available are in bold black days that are not available are grey.

Resthome

Ref item D: Ryan, I think it started with the previous version when we were instructed to uninstall the previous version before install the new one. The default color on startup was a black background. That black made the Months names invisable on the Data Tab Live Data. Once you change the color it sticks so no big deal. But changing the color is not obvious so it would be great if it was not black on a new install.
John