Local App BETA software version 0.3.17

Started by Halfcrazy, February 22, 2013, 06:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Yes it is auto off just for that reason. That said once you check the box labeled "Enable Data logging" it will always log anytime it is open. I have not had any issue with this function and I suspect it is a corrupt install if it is not remembering this?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Lya72

Corrupt install... OR :

- installed with a user having admin rights and
- used with a user that don't have admin rights

That doesn't matter ?

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

Yann
I am not sure if admin privileges would matter or not. It shouldn't but Windows is getting funny with there admin privileges. I would try to run in as Admin and see if that fixes it if not do a complete uninstall and re install

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Lya72

Hi,

==>  The Update Error is always present !!  "An error occured while trying to update..."

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Resthome

Quote from: Lya72 on March 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PM
Hi,

==>  The Update Error is always present !!  "An error occured while trying to update..."

Yann

Make sure you uninstall the previous version before trying the install.

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

boB

Quote from: Resthome on March 08, 2013, 04:37:03 PM
Quote from: Lya72 on March 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PM
Hi,

Yann

Make sure you uninstall the previous version before trying the install.

Windows is weird...  Sometimes you have problems and sometimes you don't.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Lya72

Hi,

Rest, you are saying that if I want to sort the Update Error that occured some days during the use of this 0.3.17, I have to correctly uninstall the precedent version ?
As this error isn't encountered during the installation but after, I think that's the Automatic Update process which is faulty whith a bad version comparison.

But if it's an installation problem, it's also a bug because it's the installation process that doesn't do correctly the precedent version uninstall. (Back in my Life, I was an MSI maker and we had to process that)

On this 0.3.17, there is also a graph refreshment problem :

If you consult the Live Datas graph with a day selected 03/08/2013, it's Ok. Then you return to the status Tab.
Three days after (Edit : the LocalApp is never closed, the computer is in sleeping state during the night), you go back to the Live Datas graph, the Calendar selector indicates by default the current day, 03/12/2013, that's OK, but the graph title and the graph datas are always 03/08/2013 !!
Even when you change the graph type from day to hour, the graph title and the graph datas always shows 03/08/2013, so your date selector and the graph title don't show the same date !!
(Screen capture exist if needed)

You have to select another date in the date selector to refresh the display.

Yann

Resthome

Sorry Yann, I don't understand what you are doing to get an update error. So you can disregard my previous comment.
As for the refresh problem, that's been a problem forever with viewing the data tabs for me. In fact I think I posted about it in one of the eairlier beta versions.   :(
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA