Features you would like to see added to the software.

Started by Halfcrazy, October 04, 2011, 02:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unyalli

I think the current dash is excellent, love the analog needles. I believe the battery gauge would be more appropriately named charge as I'm fairly certain that is what it is. Charge power created by the unit. Below that could be an actual amp gauge that would swing left and right showing how much of the charge current is going into the battery. If a cloudy day this could swing left and show how much battery current it is taking to bolster the charge current and run the loads.

P.S. The local app and my midnite web site are making me want to push the order now button. I've been bouncing all around between Morningstar, Outback, Bluesky, and Midnite. Midnite is winning mostly because of this. Now if only it would monitor a battery shunt and show be my loads it would be a true off-grid full system monitor.

- Jeff

Halfcrazy

Jeff
Monitoring a shunt and logging it on the Classic is very close. We have the MNCSM or Current Sense module well under way. Brad has the prototype running and the real boards are on order. boB is getting started on code. In its early release the MNCSM will do monitoring and logging of Amps in and out. Also End Amps will also have the option to be triggered by the MNCSM as well.

As time rolls on boB will be making a full on battery state of charge meter out of the MNCSM and Classic

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

unyalli

Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 08, 2013, 04:24:30 PM
Jeff
Monitoring a shunt and logging it on the Classic is very close. We have the MNCSM or Current Sense module well under way. Brad has the prototype running and the real boards are on order. boB is getting started on code. In its early release the MNCSM will do monitoring and logging of Amps in and out. Also End Amps will also have the option to be triggered by the MNCSM as well.

As time rolls on boB will be making a full on battery state of charge meter out of the MNCSM and Classic

Ryan
Ok you've convinced me, I'm ordering. Can I get on a list to be notified the second I can add this to a Classic? I'm getting a 150 lite as it will be mounted in the "basement" of an RV so I have no need of a LCD screen on the unit. I will have it connected to a wireless access point so I can monitor from a laptop. By the way I really like the design of this unit and wish I could mount it in the living space and show it off. Some day I may trade up to a new RV and then we'll see if there's room. I can always add the LCD later right?

- Jeff

offgridQLD

I wouln't be in a rush to mount the unit in the small living space of a RV. Unless you like the noise of fans wizzing away all day.

You can remove the LCD unit from the unit and mount it remotely on its own with a cable conected. That said I hardly ever use the LCD on my classic its just easyer to do it on the laptop inside the house.

Future classics will be lite versions for this reason.

Kurt.
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

unyalli

After re-reading the local app manual and thinking about "what would I like" here's the revision.

One more gauge and the ability to change what each gauge is reading. I would like three input gauges one showing array voltage, second array amps, and third array power. The next three would be battery voltage, battery amps with 0 at the center so it could show charge and discharge, then load amps which would always be positive.

- Jeff

unyalli

Oops, one more gauge. Battery fuel gauge on the bottom left.

boB

Quote from: unyalli on April 10, 2013, 05:18:07 AM
After re-reading the local app manual and thinking about "what would I like" here's the revision.

One more gauge and the ability to change what each gauge is reading. I would like three input gauges one showing array voltage, second array amps, and third array power. The next three would be battery voltage, battery amps with 0 at the center so it could show charge and discharge, then load amps which would always be positive.

- Jeff

Jeff, I can certainly see that gauge you are talking about with 0.0 amps in the middle.
Just like my old amp meter in the old car.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Quote from: offgridQLD on April 10, 2013, 04:54:07 AM

You can remove the LCD unit from the unit and mount it remotely on its own with a cable conected. That said I hardly ever use the LCD on my classic its just easyer to do it on the laptop inside the house.

Future classics will be lite versions for this reason.

Same here, I rarely look at an MNGP now and there is nothing to see on an MNLP.
Once the web interface code is in place on the classic then Lite with just a blank front panel is the future.

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

crunnells

I have a bug to report, but it's kinda specific to strange setups like mine (MacBook Pro, OS X, running a dual screen setup)

I run an extra monitor on my laptop most times, and I usually have the Local app visible on that monitor. When I disconnect the monitor, all of my other app windows relocate themselves to the laptop screen so that I can see them, but the Local app remains off screen and I have no way to access it or move it unless I do so before disconnecting the second monitor.

Currently I've got a situation where it's put itself *way* off screen somewhere and I have no way of getting it back, short of uninstalling it or deleting the app settings.

So, my feature request would be to have it check to make sure it's window position is within the active monitor(s) coordinates, and if it's not, move it there.

Halfcrazy

That is a good point I have like 5 programs that do this when I unplug my second monitor. I will mention this and add it to the Bug list.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time