Whiz Bang Senior

Started by Barry Fields, March 08, 2024, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

I don't like to use zeners, and especially low voltage zener diodes for things like protection because they can be very leaky.  5K Ohms is not real high so it might be acceptable at that low impedance.

You know...  Summing all 4 shunts together only tells you what one bigger shunt does.  It doesn't tell you if all 4 banks are sharing.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Barry Fields

Quote from: boB on April 10, 2024, 01:24:00 AMYou know...  Summing all 4 shunts together only tells you what one bigger shunt does.  It doesn't tell you if all 4 banks are sharing.

boB

Below is attached a method for a monthly evaluation of Bank Health. A total KWH charge data for each bank could be compared and reset monthly. (my previous post)
20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.

Barry Fields

After reflection, the acceptable limit of voltage drop across the shunt to buss connection should likely be in the area of -100mv. We already accept 50mv to 75mv across the shunt itself. (open to discussion)

U2 enables better trigger resolution of U1 (555 flip flop). R5 & R8 set the trigger point. As is it is approx -100mv.  R5 & R8 should be replaced with a potentiometer for adjustment.
20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.