Lost communication between display and Classic

Started by ibeweagle, May 01, 2011, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibeweagle

Help with MNGD got 48 volt 17 footer axial flux system with Halfcrazy clipper on it worked great till went to lunch set outback inverters down and breaked turbine to go to lunch so input of classic was shut down and voltage on 150s was 60 volts and decreasing because of turbine break then shut down each input breaker 50 amp and then battery breaker 80 amp to the two classics so everything was shut down got back powered up both classsics turbine still breaked they came back on showed connect to 0v battery for a split second and input was 0 volts and battery voltage was at 12.6 on both screens so did a reset on one and got a got comm on one so checked address for mod bus 10 first power up was 110 so changed to 10 still no communications on eather classic and went throuh wizard still no change on eather will not send to classic main and status screens showed classic in middle so took of one mngd off of the bus to see if I let the smoke out from the input so powered up classic with out remote and measured input with meter and the battery sides input was climing from 17 to 22 and battery side was 50 on battery side didnt  dare go to mode on with toughs readings and not be able to send commands  to classic changed mem graft for wind and chould save in memory but not send to classic help do not wat to let the smoke out have done that one dont want to do it again both MNGD display same problem tried to set to 110 mod bus like when first powerd up still no sent to controller both say classsic on the main and status screens will call May 2 thanks 

Halfcrazy

Does it say GOT Comm the whole time? I assume you verified that both MNGP's say Classic on the main screen not Classic2. Does it say Battery over voltage? My other thought is you tried to use the Wizard for part of the setup and it does not work when you select wind it is an endless loop never saving any data.

I would manually set one of them with the parameters you want and always make sure to push enter after every change to get the DATA SENT AND SAVED message otherwise the Classic will revert back to the last setting when it is powered down. I have emailed you the quick start guide run through step one through 4 and see if that works. feel free to call we will figure it out. My cell# is 207-416-2006
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

ibeweagle

Thanks so much for you help Ryan and all of midnite for excelent tech service cant say in words the responce great service . Now to the remidies spelling not so much bear with me problem with communication was in the mod bus setting factory setting I believe was at 110 so did Wizard and got everything working before Lunch yesterday and changed mod bus to 10 as per you tube video first mistake 2nd write down everything you do for pre commisioning so you can take steps back to see if you can find problem 3rd came back turned on classics and could not get comms and it did not say got comm. Said intead  got 0.0 volts dc input and 12.6 battery bank could not change with quick setup in charger menue so did aux uninstall on both classics but before though about step took that day and remembered changed mod bus to 10 but did not see if it did so tried change back to 110 and do a hard reset {power down and up}when powered up all systems retured to got 13 volts and climming on input and 50 volts battery bank (48volt bank) so set up aux1 on both classics Classic#1 used for signal to ssr (Magnacraft Electric co. W6225DSX-1 240vac 25A  3-32vdc input) to a relay motor starter with no overloads 25HP to 17ft axial flux wind turbine per Ryans print for stacking. Aux1 classic#2 used same ssr and set up 20amp circuit to GFCI outlet for diversion sow+ and set battery voltages high and low and time for diversion to ceramice heater. P.S. thanks Ryan for playing phone tag as cell was hard to get 2 bars will update with picture of both systems if it gets warm here in MN cheers Mike Johnson (burnteaglefeather)now one I hope does not get burt haha ;D

boB

Thought I better mention that the Classic itself normally starts out as Modbus address 10  and its MNGP remote starts out as address 110

Just add 100 to whatever the Classic's address is.   Now, this is the way it is supposed to eventually work but right now, the MNGP address
itself comes from the factory as address 110.  It doesn't really matter too much the address of the MNGP remote itself if there is only one
Classic hooked up but if the  Classic AND its MNGP remote is set to the same address, then there will be problems as ibweagle found out.

When Classics are networked together, each Classic will need to have its own unique modbus address and the MNGP should also
have its own unique address so that any one of those units can be addressed for control or inquiry from the outside world or from
the master Classic...  The "MASTER" classic will be the classic that has NOTHING plugged into its master modbus phone jack.
A SLAVE Classic will have a Classic plugged into its MASTER jack from its masters' SLAVE jack.  Daisy chain.

Fairly soon now, multiple Classics will be able to be plugged together in a daisy chain so that the Master can control the charging
on the slave Classics.   Right now, you can change the Classic's modbus address from 10 to 11 by installing the jumper, JP1 in that
row of jumpers in the Classic behind the terminal block and access the slave Classic from the master classics' MNGP by pressing
the UP button in the main STATUS menu.  That's about all it does at the moment though.

When Master-Slave-Slave-Slave....  control is working, the modbus addresses will take care of themselves and no fiddling
will have to be done with the menus (at least to set the addresses).  Remember that in main STATUS, the UP and DOWN button changes what modbus
address that MNGP is talking to and the COMM  selection of the MISC (MNGP on older units) menu is to set the modbus
address of that particular MNGP Remote.   There are no other choices for the Classic at this time except for addresses 10 or 11.

Master/Slave/Slave/Slave  modes are high on the priority list.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me